Thursday 23 September 2010

Freddie Strongman... By Hels Sheridan

Morning Peeps... just a little quickie post from me today - first of all... I made an ATC the other day using a sketch from The Compendium of Curiosities... and some Tim Holtz stash. The backing papers are from the Retro Grunge stack and I used the strongman from The Big Top set - I know I have said this before but... doesn't he look like Freddie Mercury!





The letters are Grungeboard and coloured with Distress Ink and then overstamped with another Tim stamp to add some text. The backing paper was covered with Rock Candy Cracklepaint and I added some Idea-ology - a Type Charm, Jump Ring and Mini Safety Pin and a bit of Film Strip. Freddie Strongman was coloured with Tattered Rose Distress Ink which is a fab flesh tone colour. I personalised this ATC with a Type Charm as it was for a friend... however... I have another here, just waiting for an initial ;O))... so, if you would like to own it, please just leave me a comment and I will pick a name at random next Wednesday, September 29th '10. Thanks for looking... have a fab day ... and hope to see you this weekend! TTFN

Hels x

22 comments:

Sarah A said...

Amazing Hels, never thought about using tattered rose as flesh colour, how duh am I?? (No need to answer that, you can just think it lol).

It would look FAB with an "S" on it hehe!!

Sarah x

Kathy Eddy said...

I think the muscle man needs a K on him for Kathy. LOL

Lori said...

Love these Freddie ATC's! Looks awesome!

Teresa aka Tess said...

I would love to win an ATC made by you. As I have started rehab to lose weight and strengthen my knees (osteoarthritis) this ATC would be a great reminder to keep me on track. I want to lean and mean, uhh strong. :)

Glennis F said...

Quite amazing - he would look great in my atc album!!!

Marijane said...

I'm STRONGLY motivated to try using tattered rose as a flesh tone right now! I didn't realize that it could work as flesh. You do like this little strong man and it's fun to see what you do with him.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

He he, you're right, he looks like Freddie Mercury! Fab ATC!

Hugs
Maarit

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

errr it has J on it already so it must be MINE!!! lolol fab ATC but have to admit was never a Freddie Mercury fan:(

Helen said...

Freddie's looking good today, Hels. I think he needs an H for Helen.

Zoechaos said...

And there was me thinking he was based on Arthur Saxon, part of a strong man act who were the men in leopard skins often associated with that type of image even today.

Stampersue said...

anotherr great atc - Freddy rules.

Stampersue
X

Kat said...

I think the letter K would just finish this ATC off to a T (LOL)
cheeky me.
Kathleen

Lucy Edmondson said...

Popped over from GSC to see this better as I think it's great. Thought the bloke was just my type. Yes, he does look a bit like Freddie,

L x

Janeyc49 said...

He's definitely Freddie ! Gorgeous ATC, just needs a J. :)

Anonymous said...

Love to be in with a chance to own this wonderful ATC Hels! xxx

Tracy Evans said...

That ATC would look fab with a T on it. I love the Grunge letters and the Idea-ology pieces. Great colours in the background too. Have a good day, Tracy Evans x

julie m said...

congrats on 800 as well as the nice atc. and you can use the same initial for me. that should be a sign. hope i win.

Sid said...

Fab piece of art Hels, gorgeous effect !!

Chris said...

You're right Hels he does have a look of Freddie Mercury lol... Could he be singing 'I want to break free ee ee' :D
Fabulous art as always.
hugs
chris xx

Anonymous said...

Great ATC Hels, love it. S x

MayJay said...

Stunning atc.I adore this style and would love to win it.
May.

Tuire Flemming said...

I tried yesterday leave a comment here... but only got ´error´ - let´s see now...
So, great ATC, but I prefer T for Tuire ;)