Tuesday 21 September 2010

It's the witching hour!

I love witches, mainly because I have always maintained that I am one! You can take that anyway you like...:))))) I have to say like most people in this country Halloween is not big. We don't celebrate it nearly as much as in the USA, so when Tim brought out his new Alterations dies, I have to say I wasn't really sure. But I have played with some of them, and now it is the witches turn! Please excuse the very quick nature of this piece, time is of an essence for me at the moment, as we have Ally Pally, the Big Stamp & Scrapbook show at the weekend, so I am busy tweeking the stamps, packing boxes, and doing behind the scenes secretive stuff! Just wishing that there were more hours in the day!!
So I took the witch and die cut her with some quite thick chipboard, and dipped her in utee! The chipboard doesn't have a lot of water content, but where there is some the utee bubbles. I quite like this effect. I did the same with the accompanying bat ( you get him too in the die set), and brushed gold Perfect Pearls on his wings.


The broomstick was also dusted with PP, and I sprayed it liberally with water to get the droplets effect. The base is a small canvas board was sprayed with Crafty Notions Mica sprays, and allowed to dry.
The background fits so neatly into this month's challenge, which is Rainbows. there is still lots of time to enter!  

Finally for those of you don't know Minxy has been in hospital and Hun we wish you a speedy recovery .. get well soon and take it easy!
Have a very Creative day!
Jennie

14 comments:

Lori said...

What a great idea, Jennie! The witch looks great in UTEE!

2amscrapper said...

love that effect!

Michele said...

what a truly neat effect. awesome card.

Helen said...

Loved your sneak peak on your own blog - she looks great in UTEE, as Lori says.

Daniele said...

never played with utee.....but hubby said he'd buy me a melting pot so I might be able to produce pieces like your fantastic witch....you'd could always saty the bubbles are warts....
hugs

Sid said...

Fab canvas Jennie, hope Minxy soon recovers too !!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is terrific! Love it! You amaze me what you can do when you are so busy. Hope Ally Pally goes well for you,

Lucy x

Joanne said...

That die is superb. I got the branch tree one from you and the texture fades, but now wish I had the witch too.
Luv Joanne xx

Anonymous said...

Love this Jennie. Hugs to Minxy too. S xx

Siobhan Brignull said...

that is very nice work Jennie, I too am not excited by Tims latest offerings, only cos they are too american, which gives the purse a chance to catch up anyway, loving some of the dies though

Siobhan Brignull said...

that is very nice work Jennie, I too am not excited by Tims latest offerings, only cos they are too american, which gives the purse a chance to catch up anyway, loving some of the dies though

Janeyc49 said...

Great effect Jennie. Get well soon Minxy.x

Terry said...

How fun! I love witches also and just made one using that same die! Love this! Get well Minxy!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous UTEE art Jennie! x