Tuesday 19 October 2010

Double, double toil and trouble...

Fire burn, and cauldron bubble... an apt quote from Shakespeare's Macbeth's three witches, and one that sums up Halloween perfectly! If you wanted to be part of the phenomena surrounding Halloween this year, then you definitely need Mr Holtz's dies and embossing folders. I know, you are saying, "but I don't do Halloween", but neither do I! However the embossing folders and stamps, and the dies are amazing, and work perfectly for lots of other times apart from Halloween.
However with the 31st of October nearly upon us, I thought I would make a little tag or it could even be the front of a card using the above said dies and stamps.

I used the witch die by cutting out some Duralar and inking it with lots of brown alcohol inks, and then heating it gently , and moulding it. The tag ( made from the new tag die) was embossed and distress inked with Brushed corduroy, and Vintage Photo, and I cut out the top of the die , and added the Halloween words from Tim's Mini Halloween stamps. The witch is just attached with a drop of Glossy Accents so she is flying on top of the skeleton and bird! I am thinking I need a new 3D camera so you can see the way the witch sits :))

The bat was die cut in card and dipped into some gold and black UTEE, and the words were stamped onto a paint chip pinched from the local paint shop by my DH! It was a perfect co-ordinating colour!

Hoping you have a very Creative day.
Jennie

10 comments:

Artyjen said...

Lurve the tag.....I think that's another die I really need!!!
The duralar stuff looks very effective
xoxo Sioux

Lori said...

Oh, Jennie, this is so cool! I just love how you used the dies with different mediums, really cool!

The Sparkly Fairy said...

wow, amazing pieces!

Joanne said...

That is really effective and I keep wanting more Halloween goodies.
Luv Joanne xx

whyducks said...

Jennie it is scarily good!

Lizzie J said...

I love this - especially the bat. You are right - I don't do halloween and had no interest in Mr Holtz's the stamps etc but you and Hels make them look so good I'm really tempted to get some.

Lizzie x

Hels Sheridan said...

Need that Duralar!!! Loving that TExture Fade and tag die.. errm... need them all LOL Loving the tag :O))

Anonymous said...

You've got all my favorite Halloween elements - especially the fence at the top. Just spooky-cute!
Vicki B in OP NY

Sid said...

Great stuff Jennie !!

Jean Franks Beck said...

Love all the layers and textures on this, Jennie! What a fab Halloween tag!