Saturday 9 October 2010

Getting To Know... Tina

Morning Peeps

Time for another Creative Team interview, this time with our Colouring Artiste extraordinaire, Tina Barnett. Tina joined us at the beginning of September and her flair with a ProMarker is just perfect... and she really brings our Mabel Lucie Attwell designs to life... here's the grilling I gave her...

AS Introduce yourself, please tell us about yourself, you interests, likes/dislikes etc Hi I'm Tina, from Tina's Crafty Place. I am married to Darren and we have a beautiful dog called Tommy. I live in Kent and work as an accountant and tax adviser. I have been crafting all my life but paper crafting for about 4/5 years. I love to work with Promarkers and bring to life stamped and digital images. I sit and colour most nights lol! I love altered art and scrapbooking also. I like most things crafty :0) xx George Clooney, Robert Pattinson. :0) xx Dislikes................. this is hard as I am quite easy going so I'm not sure............. oh wait baked beans! I hate them :0).



AS
What or who inspires you?
In the craft world, people who inspire me are Tim Holtz and my friends, Hels Sheridan, Linda Elborne, Dan99, this is VERY true, not just because they are my friends but because they are amazing artists! I am lucky enough to be on some amazing design teams, the artists on them and my team mates inspire me so much too, I love working with their images. My personal inspirations are my husband and family. They are always there to support me and they are amazing.


AS How do you make a piece of art... what is the process? Oh this can vary. Sometimes I could be out and about and see a design or image on something, like a poster or cover of a book, sweet wrapper anything, and I just get an idea that pops in to my head. If I make cards, then I start by colouring some images so that I have a few, I then see what takes my fancy :0), I lay papers next to the coloured images, see if it is bright and moden or a vintage look and pick my papers and colours from there. I use my own layouts most of the time but I love to use challenge layouts too. This really helps if you have a block, it gives you somewhere to start. I then choose everything else, ribbon, embellishments etc.



AS
If your Mojo goes on holiday, what do you do?
Find a sketch from a challenge or look at a magazine.

AS What is your favourite technique?
I love to colour! whether it be stamps or digi's, but I also love to use my melt pot and love to make jewellery with it :0)



AS
If you were on a desert island and could only have 5 items of stash with you, what would you take?
OMG!!! Don't say that to me I can never pack lite! Ok ok calm Tina, it's only a question...... ok ....can the complete range of promarker pens count as one?... I will take it as yes lol! number 2 would be images, 3 scissors, 4 card stock, 5 glossy accents............................. sorry it just can't be done, melt pot, paper trimmer, papers, ribbon, charms, ......................... sorry :0) xx
So... many thanks to Tina for letting us have a little nosey into her life... to see more of her amazing cards... click HERE... thanks for looking!!

Hels x

4 comments:

Artyjen said...

Oh! Tina I so get the George C Bit! LOL
Inspiration comes from everywhere and it can be difficult to put into words...thanks for sharing
xoxo Sioux

Sew This N That said...

Thanks for letting us into your world babe, its great to know more about our fellow crafters. You are so right....how on earth could you only pick 5 items!
*hugs* Heather x

Anonymous said...

Great interview Tina! George is mine btw! ;o) xx

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Great interview, and I am so liking getting to know everyone :))