Monday 7 March 2011

And now for something completely different! by Nicky Cresswell

Now you know me, usually my work is quirky and grungy and generally Minxy, 
But today I opted for a more sophisticated look to show Jennies stamps in a different light.
***
 I started off by colouring a piece of white paper with scattered straw distress ink, I stamped over it with the chintz background in cactus green stazon, I then mat and layered onto some pale yellow card.
Next i stamped the leaf vine from the flower blooms sheet in black, and used a black marker to colour in the leaves to create a silhouette effect.
 The flower head is just a circle and scalloped circle punched from card.
I stamped the small dragonfly from the insect & butterflies plate onto heat resistant acetate and embossed in black b4 cutting it out and placing it on the flower head.
I added one of the mini phrases from a stampers anonymous plate.
To finish i wrapped a ribbon round the base of the card and added a bow, before mat and layering again, this time onto green card. I then matted the whole thing onto a kraft card, and finished up by added some hand drawn doodles here and there.
Voila ~ One Posh a la minx card, perfect from Spring!
So... What's the verdict for Posh Minxy???
I look forward to reading what you think!  
Stay Inky

13 comments:

Helen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Helen said...

Sorry, fingers went astray before.
I was trying to say, I like Posh Minxy's style, a lot!

Charli said...

Very nice Minxy, you do posh very well indeed!

Beautiful spring colours, and mixed with the black silhouettes it really makes them pop. Love it.

Charli x

Sharne Gregory said...

Its lovely. I like the phrase you have used too.

Gillian said...

Oh la la, a very Posh Minxy card,ha ha, but I love it, nice colour combination you used there. xxxx

Jingle said...

Minxy, this is so pretty!!! I love it!

Artyjen said...

Love the background and the silloutte effect of the dragonfly against the flower...pretty posh I think ;)
xoxo Sioux

whyducks said...

A Great look!

My name is Cindy said...

Very elegant, like it very much!!

Anonymous said...

Good grief woman! Is there nothing you can't turn your hand too?! Fabulous posh Minxyness! xxx

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Final piece is lovely, like the Spring feeling it has.

Lynn Stevens said...

Such a classy looking card! YUM!

Von said...

Very stylish Minxy :)