Thursday 24 March 2011

Discover Your Inner Self by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers! I've got a card to share with you today. Now, maybe it isn't quite warm enough to go swimming in the sea just yet, but it's definitely getting there!

First, I made my background, using Tim Holtz's wrinkle free distress technique. You can find this technique and many others in his Compendium of Curiosities. I used mustard seed, scattered straw, broken china & tumbled glass distress inks, with some walnut stain around the edges. Then I stamped the starfish from The Artistic Stamper Seaside no. 1 plate, in broken china.

I stamped the woman bather on a separate piece of card, cut her out, then coloured her in, using a waterbrush & the distress inks. I also stamped the fish & the phrase, cut them out & coloured them in the same way. I layered the woman image on black card, then on a piece of card, embossed with the regal texture fade. I mounted this onto the background, added some silver buttons, then glued the fish on the right, & the phrase underneath.

I inked the edge of a square card with broken china distress ink, then mounted my artwork onto it. Finally, I added some micro beads, using glossy accents to adhere them.

Thanks for looking!
Alison x


11 comments:

Chris Arlington said...

great card Alison!

Helen said...

Totally love this, Alison!

Sid said...

Love your card Ali !!

shirley said...

Gorgeous!

Maggie said...

Love it! mmmmm roll on summer must add those stamps to my NEED list lol.

Unknown said...

lovely and and warn thank you ;0) its lovely here to it's like Spring has really arrived in the UK

Love Dawn xx

Marianne said...

Really stunning card. Perfect!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Fab card!

Yvonne said...

Oh wow, what a great card Alison! I really love the colours and techniques you used, great lay out, it's all beautiful!
Greetings from Yvon

Minxy said...

Oops, thought i'd commented.. Tis FAB honey x

2amscrapper said...

Had to leave a comment--I just love this!