Monday 14 March 2011

A Little Steampunk for You Today

I'm back at The Artistic Stamper Creative Team blog today with a bottle full of fun for you .....all wild and creative, which is controlled by my state of mind....or some may say.....no mind at all! I had such a great time playing around with The Artistic Stamper stamps on this piece.



This may take a bit of imagination here for some of you more straight laced people (not saying any names mind you), but I started out with a coat of gesso, then colored the chipboard with Distress Inks, stamped the top part with this cool cog bg stamp, added more gesso to tone it down some, and then flicked some water here and there to get a mottled look. These stamps have been creatively used several times, and I really had to come up with something a little different, that's how this all came about. I used Artistic Stamper stamps, added some Ranger cogs, some watch parts...The Artistic Stamper have got the best little packets of them, and added the rest of the stuff from my stash, aging with Distress EP. The bottle was colored slightly with pencils, then I added Distress Stickles on top. I hope I got you to think out of the box a little today, lol....you never know where your imagination may take you. (I usually land up on the 7th floor, in a padded room, all alone...can you imagine that! lol).

Hugs, Gerrie Johnnic

26 comments:

Sid said...

Great piece of art Jennie !

Helen said...

Jennie, this is great - it really made me smile! Have a great day - it's nice and sunny here, shame I'm in the office looking at it through the window!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gerrie, Iam loving this quirky take on the stamps:))
xx

Joanne said...

Absolutely incredible, what a laugh. All I need to know is where you can buy imagination like that?
luv Joanne xx

Fliss said...

Fabulous piece of artwork which really made me smile.
x

Artyjen said...

I think I know the padded room you mean! LOL
Fab fun piece ;)
xoxo Sioux

Zoechaos said...

Pure Steamp punk Magic XOXO Zoe

1CardCreator said...

Wow, this is wild, I love it!

Terry said...

What does it mean if you don't see anything unusal? Love that mind and this is not at all thinking out of the box, but thinking out of the bottle! He!He!

Scrap Vamp said...

So cool! Love the crown and the jar with wheels!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful mix of images and creativity! Fun piece!

Zemphira ~ Scatter Art. said...

This is so cool. Makes me want to get a pile of stuffs out and create! LOVE IT!

Caroline Hallett said...

I love this little horsey carty strange steampunky bird card - its brill !

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great steampunk piece. Wonderful.

Netty said...

LOL, totally brilliant, Annette x

Lori said...

Awesome piece, gf! So stinkin' creative and steampunk!

Basement Stamper said...

fantastic card Gerrie, love how it looks and my straight laced little brain loves your creativity!

Michele said...

this is awesome! xo

Anonymous said...

It's brilliantly creative Gerrie! Love it!

Lynn Stevens said...

Wonderfully creative Gerrie!!! I Love me some Steampunk!

1CardCreator said...

I think I saw it was your birthday today on someone elses blog. I hope I have the right Gerrie, if so, Happy Birthday

2amscrapper said...

I never would have expected the rest of this! So glad I hopped over from your blog. Fantastic art.

Traci S. said...

Hi Gerrie,

Yes, even my straight-laced mind can see all kinds of fun in this card! I love the bird. I love how you used that gorgeous crown become the birds "crown" of hair. I really love the image that is over the bottle and bird scene...perhaps it's a clock meets a sun? I can't figure out how you made the bottle look so full...and I loved the "wheels!"

It must mean that you are going places--- to celebrate your birthday today!

Love you, GF!
Traci S.

Ali said...

I love this it's so quirky!!!!!

Ali x

Suzanne C said...

Very fun! Love the steampunk pieces!

Hels Sheridan said...

this is fab Gerrie, wacky and right up my street! x