Wednesday 2 March 2011

Mabel Lucie Loves Springtime

I'm Gerrie Johnnic, more commonly known as The Queen of Grunge and I'm honored to be the Guest Artist this month at The Artistic Stamper. For my first piece this month, I thought that Mabel Lucie should come out and play in the Spring has Sprung challenge right here.




....and all those showers will surely bring Spring flowers! I paper pieced her yellow slicker and umbrella with a piece from my stash, and popped her up on cardstock that I colored with Distress Inks, making the clouds. The rest were colored with pencils and markers that I found atop my messy workspace. The flowers are a die. The background blue is a piece of Tim's paper, put thru one of his embossing folders and I used the Cuttlebug highlight tech on it. I'll see you again soon with a new post. hugz....

10 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute is she - love the paper pieceing and rolled flowers. Your sponged sky looks fab! Congrats Gerrie on your GDT spot, looking forward to seeing more of your work with the Artistic Stamper images!

Sid said...

Lovely card, fab background !!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous piece Gerrie, and welcome to THe Artistic Stamper Creative TEam. It is a pleasure to have you on board this monthy
xx

Suzanne C said...

Adorable flowers and love that mabel lucie image! Looking forward to your GDT posts!

Netty said...

I love what you have done with that stamp. Was never sure about these but loving it so much better now I have seen yours. Annette x

Terry said...

I knew it would be amazing! She is adorable waiting for Spring! Your background and flowers are gorgeous! Great choice for a GD!

Basement Stamper said...

very cute, love those flowers! Congrats on your guest design spot!

1CardCreator said...

Love this, the paper piecing looks awesome.

Artyjen said...

Great flowers.....sweet piece
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Gerrie, lovely spring colours! x