Goodly Morning! When I was demo-ing at Ally Pally earlier this month I was faffing with the new Distress Stains, seeing how many different ways I could use them and I made this tag. I used Broken China and Wild Honey Distress Stains, smooshing them onto a craft sheet and then spritzing with water, dipping the tag into the inkyness and then drying and dipping again until I had the look I liked.
Next I used Wild Honey Stains, dabbing directly onto a script stamp, this gives a really fab "watercolour technique" look but as there's no water to dilute the ink, the stamping is really vivid. I used black Archival ink to stamp the crowns, from Crowning Glory, in a line down the side of the tag and then I dried the stamping and applied a thin layer of beeswax over the top of the tag, sealing all the ink in.
I made a little paper rose using Crowded Attic paper and the medium size Flower Power flower... dipping each layer of the rose into melted Beeswax - a nice twist on Faux Porcelain flowers. The messgae mat was created in the same way as the tag base and I used one of the new Travel sentiment stamps , again stamping with black Archival ink. Finally, I used the Broken China and Wild Honey Stains and coloured some trim for the ribbon at the top of the tag. Quick and simples and an effective background just using two of the new Stains. Thanks for looking... TTFN!