Tuesday 31 May 2011

Sweet Dreams...

Hi, it's Jennie here again. All this month, the Creative Team have been using Mabel Lucie Attwell Stamps, and now it is my turn! All of the images we have in the collection are vintage, and very evocative of the mid 20th century, and do lend themselves to the distress inks so well. I have created an ATC using the Time for Bed stamp, and I first stamped the girl, then masked her off with a post-it note, distress stained around the outside with Wild Honey, and a smidgen of Fired Brick. I then added distress inks for depth to the colour.
My colouring skills are far from good, so I used some of my own pens, and attempted to colour her in!
The stickers are from The Girls Paperie Kitch sticker pad.

I do hope you ave enjoyed this month's take on Mabel, and if you haven't seen them, have a look, all of the artwork is stunning!
Have a very creative day!
Jennie

2 comments:

fatmonica said...

Great ATC.That's a fab stamp!

Kat said...

how cute is that stamp!
Kat.