Thursday 16 June 2011

Grungy Man by Alison Hall

Morning Stampers. For my post this week, I created a grungy hanging featuring the man from the Collage Art 1 plate.


First, I cut a piece of recycled corrugated card, & then tore the top fairly straight, & the bottom at an angle. I ripped most of the top layer of paper off, leaving somewhere I could stamp at the bottom right.

I sponged the card with gesso, spritzed with red perfect pearls mist, then inked with walnut stain distress ink. I wasn't completely happy with the colour, so I spritzed with gold perfect pearls to get the depth of colour & effect I wanted.

Putting my corrugated base aside, I took a couple of pieces of patterned paper from the Retro Grunge stack, both roughly the same size (4.5 x 3.5 "). I painted a thin layer of gesso onto one piece, dried it, then stamped the Collaged Man using coffee archival ink. I set the ink with a heat gun, then tore around the image, roughly 1/2". I inked the edges with distress ink, then layered the image on the other piece of patterned paper. I distressed the edges of this with my Tonic paper distresser tool, inked it with DI, then stapled it to the corrugated base, using Tim's tiny attacher.

I stamped the word 'Man' from the Collage Art 1 plate, using black pigment ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder.


Next, I took three mini cog die-cuts, & embossed them with one layer of platinum UTEE. I spritzed them with Crafty Notions black matte spray, for a distressed look, then attached them with pewter brads. I used my Tim Holtz texture hammer to distress the brads.

I inked the bottom edge of the corrugated base with embossing ink, then embossed it with one layer of platinum UTEE.

Finally, I attached a piece of lace chain, using a couple of pewter brads, to hang my piece.

Thanks for looking!
Alison x




13 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely Work Alison. Great for Fathers day this Sunday ;0)

love Dawn xx

Artyjen said...

As Dawn says...a perfect gift for Fathers day:) super grungy;)
xoxo Sioux

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is fantastic, I love it,

Lucy x

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, It works very good, creative and interesting,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Yvonne said...

I really love this hanger Alison, it's great!!! I do love the vintage look, great stamp of the man, fantastic die cuts with brads which you distressed, wonderful colours!
I hope you gave it a nice place at home.
Greetings from Yvon xxx

Neil said...

Hi, that's a fab piece you've created there! I love that stamp set. The whole piece is lovely and perfect for a guy's gift. Thanks for sharing.

Helen said...

great work Alison!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Great grungy man, it looks fabulous.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Fabulous masculine piece and love the recycled elements and all the distressing. Tracy x

donna said...

Fabulous piece Alison. I am sure it looks even better in person with all that texture. Way to go..Donna

Kate said...

Love this! Great stamp too :)

Kat said...

grate hanging Alison,
very grunge,
Kat.

Gillian .... said...

Love this Grungy Man hanger Alison, just perfect. x