Monday 27 June 2011

One Stamp Wonder! by Nicky Cresswell

Hay Stampers, Today I thought i'd share a nice and simple tecnique to create a card using just one image as the background and the focal point. 
I started by gathering some white gloss card, 3 distress inks and ink blending tools
I started with my lightest colour first inking the card in a random fashion
I then moved on to the next colour and did the same and so on
Till I ended up with a background i was happy with.
Next I got my focal stamp, for this project I chose the large butterfly/moth from the insects and butterflies plate {A must have set especially for the summer}
I randomly stamped the image with black stazon all over the gloss card till I was happy with the look, not worrying about overstamping. I then cut it to size and mounted it onto a square card blank, using a silver pen to edge before I did.
Next I stamped the same butterfly/moth onto a blank piece of white card, and cut it out using my Tim Holtz scissors
The last thing I did was to stamp the butterfly words onto white card, cut out and silver edge, then put it all together, and voila 
A focal image and a background with just the one stamp
It works great with all sorts of images, I've used the man's head from the men's plate for this card
Why not get out a stamp and give it a try!
Leave me a comment if you do as i'd love to see your results.

8 comments:

Sid said...

Great effect and brilliant finish !!

Von said...

That's clever Nicky :)

Artyjen said...

Great effect....nice to remember for when that quick card needs making ;)
xoxo Sioux

Kat said...

nicky, I love your 1 stamp wonders,
the vintage man is my favorite of the two,
great cards if your stuck for time,
Kat.

Cherry said...

Really lovely effect Nicky. I really enjoyed playing it. Xxx

craftytrog said...

Such a clever idea! Both cards are fab! xxx

Carmen said...

Truly awesome! Simple, quick and effective...and so beautiful!!! What more could I ask? Thanks so much for sharing!! :)

Janeyc49 said...

Lovely effects - such great cards.