Wednesday 2 November 2011

Guest Artist- A Vintage Tag


Hello All

The lovely ladies here at
The Artistic Stampers Creative Blog asked me
 to to be a guest Artist for  the month of November....thank you all
so much, I am really looking forward to it!


So I thought I would share with you a tag I created using
Tim Holtz Distress inks in Vintage Photo and Antique Linen 
I inked up two tags.....one to use as the main tag and one to create a pocket.

After inking up the main tag I pasted some torn book pages and stuck them down with Claudine Hellmuths Matte Medium.
I then inked the pen nibs from the Tim Holtz Artful Artifacts stamp set onto the spare tag and cut out to make a pocket, this was then sewn into place with the sewing machine

I then stamped the sentiment from Stuff to say set by Tim Holtz
and selected a a hand from the Little labels set

I added some of my own stash of watch faces and a selection of Idea-ology
 and some corners
The small hand was covered with a fragment tile and I added some torn ribbon to the tag
 
I then added some more stitches to the side of the tag.

I really had a lot of fun creating this tag
I look forward to returning very soon
stay inky

Kaz
x

10 comments:

Helen said...

Absolutely fantastic, Kaz!

Sid said...

Love your grungy effect on this tag !!

Joanne said...

Well done 'cos this is wonderful and full of imagination.
Hugs Joanne xx

Artyjen said...

Just too grungy for words!! Fabulous effect :)
xoxo Sioux

Gio said...

This tag is so gorgeous!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Love the grunginess of this tag & the metal embellishments are fab.

Candy C said...

Kaz...this is a fantastic tag!! It's a grunge masterpiece! <3 Candy

Marjie Kemper said...

Gorgeous, Kaz! Love the layers of paper and stitching.

craftytrog said...

A fabulous piece of grungy tag art Kaz! Love it! xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

This tag is great, love the colours and all the bits are awesome!