Friday 13 January 2012

CAN CARS FLY?.....

THEY CAN IN MY WORLD (lol)
Hi all, Kat here,
I'm here with project no 2,
it's another page in my little board book,

The focus is still on Perfect pearls this month,
you can grab yours HERE at a discount price.

My page is missing a smart of funny saying or quote,
can anyone help me out on this one,
please leave me a comment with any suggestions
as I am stumped, but I do feel the page needs one.


this is such a shiny page but I can't seem to get it on the camera.
 (sorry about that)

OK I started by painting my page with blue acrylic paint,
then sprayed green patina perfect pearls all over it
then took a flat paint brush & brushed all over the page
to get the sheen all over, I unscrewed the bottle &
splatted the plastic pipe over the page to get the splats. 


next I stamped the (be confident find your wings & fly)
all over the page,
along with parts of the Harlequin background stamp
both stamped in Coffee archival ink
I then doodled around the page with a black uni-ball pen
& a white gel pen.
I cut the car images from a collage sheet,
and stamped & added the wings from the
then glued them in place,
lastly I added a sky line cut from a magazine
to try to give a bit of perspective.

hope you like it!
I'll be back on the 25th with a more in depth project
until then have a crafty time,
Kat x.

13 comments:

Artyjen said...

Such a fun page ;)
xoxo Sioux
Nothing great is coming to me with a title......."Leaving the city" or "The road trip starts here" perhaps?

craftytrog said...

Brilliant! Love it Kat! Reminds me of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang! xox

Scattychick said...

It is fantastic Kat I love it. It reminded me of a well known actor Bob Cummings who owned an actual flying car in the 50's one of his best known quotes includes this line;

"You can accomplish anything you want, if you act as if it were already accomplished."

G Peplow said...

Brilliant! Gay xxx

Emma Williams said...

This is absolutely wonderful...I love it!! Fab work, Kat.
Love Emma xx

Sarah said...

Great colours and fun, quirky images...love them. How about...
"It was the pigs day off!"

Sarah x

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Wow this is gorgeous, they really seem to come off of the paper!

Greetings, Alie :-)

Lori said...

Love this! The cars with wings are FAB!

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

I love your page kat ....fab fab fab reminds me of grease of all things !! Sorry my quotes have escaped me too ....x

Pendra said...

Fun, quirky page... love the addition of the cityscape! I can't come up with anything better then the gals before me... but I like "the pigs day off", my Sister's into flying pigs!
Crafty hugs,
Pendra

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Like it??? I love it...awesome!!!

Sonia said...

Hello Kat
Funny, curious and amazing page. You are very creative.. so inspirational.
Thanks!
I see your blog and come to see how you did the page.
-Sony

Kat said...

Hi all. Kat Here.
thanks for your grate comments,
I think i'm going to go with, it was the pigs day off,
thanks Sarah, fab sugestion,
Kat x.