Monday 16 January 2012

Seeing Spots by Alison

Hello Stampers! It's time for my second post of the month, & I have a tag to share with you. I've used plenty of those yummy Perfect Pearl Mists that The Artistic Stamper has on offer right now.


To start I attached some Claudine Hellmuth sticky back canvas to a piece of card, then I die cut the dress form from the Sizzix Alterations Sewing Room die. I laid the dress form on my craft sheet, in a pizza box, then spritzed it with red pepper colour wash & forever red perfect pearl mist. I mopped up the leftover ink on my craft sheet with a tag. I don't like to waste good ink!

I used jet black archival ink to stamp the dress form with the mini polka dot background. I then stamped the tag with calligraphic mat 15. I applied a thin coat of Studio gesso to the tag, then spritzed it with heirloom gold perfect pearl mist. I distressed the edges of the tag with my paper distresser & inked it with walnut stain distress ink. I also sanded the edges of the dress form & inked them with walnut stain DI.

I stamped the phrase from Tim Holtz's Going Somewhere plate on the top right of the tag, & the sewing woman from the Dressmaking plate slightly off the tag on the bottom right. I stamped the woman again on white card, cut her out, & inked her with vintage photo distress ink, before gluing her to the tag.

I used the Sizzix decorative strip vintage lace die to cut a lace border from card, then painted it with pearl paint dabber, & attached a piece to the hem of the dress form, & a piece to the bottom of the tag. I tied a strip of tulle around the waist of the dress form, added a safety pin, & glued it to the tag.

Finally, I stamped the thimble from the dressmaking plate on some sticky back aluminium, cut it out, and attached it to the tag, together with a couple of buttons & metal poppers.

I hope you like my tag, thanks for looking,
Alison xox

18 comments:

Glennis F said...

Yes - I like it very much

Sarah said...

This is lovely - such great colours and a real sweet vintage feel - and I love polka dots 24/7!

shirley said...

Do I like it? I LOVE it! :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

Fab, love the dots!!! Hugs trace x

Helen said...

Fab, Alison!!!

Sid said...

Great tag Alison !!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Wow this is great the combi of the die and the stamps and embellishments!

greetings, Alie :-)

Artyjen said...

Love your tag its really pretty ;)
xoxo Sioux

hazel said...

Fabulous tag Alison.
xxx Hazel.

MD said...

*****j 'ADOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
BRAVO BIZ

Pendra said...

Love it! I have all the supplies for this one and will have to give it a try! TFS!

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous tag and love the polka dots...always a favourite! :)
Love Emma xx

Netty said...

Smashing tag and loving the lady sewing stamp, x

Mandy Makes and Mends said...

Love this Alison it's fab the colours look great together thanks for sharing x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a wonderful tag, the sewing woman fits perfect to the dress form.

Anonymous said...

Stunning tag. Love all Alison's ideas on this. TFS all the how to's
Florence.

Kirsten Alicia said...

I love it, it's really beautiful.

Lucy Edmondson said...

Love this!

Lucy x