Friday 10 February 2012

Shot Through The Heart by Emma

Hello everyone!!

It's that time of the month when I get to share my first piece with you all and today, I thought it would be nice to continue the theme of our ongoing HEARTS challenge and make something for Valentine's Day. I had lots of bits and bobs, scraps of paper and sheets of chipboard hanging around my craft room, which I'd kept with the thought that one day they might be useful and so, I thought the time had now come to recycle them all, and this is what all those bits and bobs made...
To begin with I covered an old CD with various colours of alcohol inks. Once I achieved the desired effect, I just dabbed some Snow Cap Mixative over the top. I then painted an old ribbon spool, that I had left over from the Christmas wrapping, with Claudine Hellmuth's Studio Paint in Traditional Tan, set it to one side to dry, before inking up the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

Once the painted ribbon spool was secured into place onto my CD base, I die cut the Mannequin shape from the Sewing Room set of Tim Holtz's Alterations dies out of chipboard and covered it with Charcoal Black Studio Paint. I then die cut a separate piece of the body section of the mannequin from a piece of sticky back canvas and stuck this to my painted chipboard shape, once again inking the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I adhered some sticky back aluminium to a piece of chipboard, die cut a set of wings from this and then ran it used a Texture Fade to emboss each wing. I adhered the wings to my main body shape and then stuck the completed die cut shape to my painted ribbon spool base, using Glossy Accents and waited for it to dry, so that the Mannequin was securely in position.
Using the Movers and Shapers Mini Tattered Florals die, I die cut enough petals to make five dimensional roses which I then blended with Fired Brick Distress Ink and misted with Forever Red Perfect Pearls Mists. Once dry, I inked up one of the Calligraphy Mats with Black Archival Ink and stamped onto each petal before making up the dimensional blooms and sticking them to the base of my piece.
Next, I triple embossed a heart shape piece of chipboard, using red embossing powder. I then die cut the arrow from Tim's Valentine Silhouettes set using some more of the aluminium covered chipboard and covered it with alcohol inks before attaching it to the body of my mannequin.
Finally, I stamped the word "Imagine" onto a piece of cream card, inked the edges with Antique Linen DI and made a banner shape. I stuck this to the inside section of the ribbon spool and finished the piece with some vintage seam binding coloured with Antique Linen Distress Stain.
So, that about it from me and I really hope you like my recycled creation.
See you all soon and hope you have a lovely Friday and a very creative weekend.
Emma x

14 comments:

Helen said...

emma, this is gorgeous - but I just love those little flowers!!

Sid said...

Lovely bit of valentine recycling !

Trish Latimer said...

Phwoar!!!! Love it! Like the stand especially, best use of a CD i've seen for years!!! xxxxxxx

TAM said...

Absolutely stunning Emma

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!
xx

Janny Jager said...

Very very nice

greetings Janny

Lynne wilkes said...

Emma,this is lovely,first time I have visited your blog you really are very creative yours cards are stunning! Xx

Ana K. said...

Gorgeous, I love it!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Emma this is just STUNNING!!! What an amazing piece and what a great use for a CD!

Anonymous said...

Emma, this is just adorable. I know I would love to have it for a Valentine's...but I guess I'd have to make it myself. Just darling..perfect recycling ever.
my blog is at
http://kathysalwaysstamping.blogspot.com
Hope you drop by sometime.

Kat said...

what a stunning creation Emma,
Kat x.

craftytrog said...

A beautiful romantic piece Emma! xox

Noel said...

Absolutely inspiring....this would make a beautiful centerpiece for a lady's luncheon. Thank you for the tutorial!

cheiron said...

Simply gorgeous!