Sunday 18 March 2012

Learn To Pause by Alison

Hello Stampers. I've a little card to share with you for my second post of the month.


I don't know about you, but I'm loving the Crafter's Workshop Templates at the moment. I started the background for this card the other day. I'd spritzed a turquoise background for another card, then turned my template over, onto another piece of card, thus creating a reverse image. I then added some Crafty Notions Tangilicious accents through a circle template.

I inked the background with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, then stamped a script background, using the same ink. I distressed the edges with a Tonic Paper Distresser, then inked them with the Vintage Photo ink.

Next, I stamped competition winner Laura Liddell's fab Sneakers, onto my background. I stamped them again, onto white card, using Black Versafine ink, then clear embossed them. I inked them with Vintage Photo, then cut them out & glued them to my background.

I stamped the phrase from Tim Holtz's Just Thoughts plate, onto white card, cut the individual words out, inked them with Vintage Photo, then glued them in place. Finally, I added my artwork to a square kraft card blank.

Thanks for looking,
Alison xox

12 comments:

shirley said...

Fabulous card Alison.
I have just recently purchased some Crafters templates...think I will play today :)

Helen said...

Totally agree with you about the CW templates - that is a great one - I wasn't going to get - but it looks fab. Lovely card & the colours too...

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

CW templates are great ! Love them as well ! Beautiful card

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...a sentiment that we need to follow...luscious colours Alison & loVe the finished piece...Mel :)

Laura said...

Great to see that stamp being used! Thanks for using it. I hope to get upstairs and have a play very soon!

My name is Cindy said...

Haven't heard of these templates before - another thing for the wish list! Love that sneaker stamp as well. Fab card.

Deborah said...

A really wonderful card, Alison. Love the colours - and I agree about their templates. Would make a great card for a teenager, a man...or anyone actually.

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful card with nice colors

Greetings Janny

Anonymous said...

Great background created on your card.
Wishes
Lynne

MD said...

waouh super alison

Chris Arlington said...

Love the quote ! beautiful background.

Emma Williams said...

I love those new stamps and you've created a fabulous card with that great background!
Love Emma xx