Sunday 8 April 2012

Friendly Plastic Frame by Alison

Happy Easter Stampers!
I adore friendly plastic, & today I have a little frame to share with you.


Friendly plastic comes in strips, measuring 7 x 1.5 inches, & I used almost one strip for my frame. To start, I cut a piece of black fun foam, about 1.5 x 1.75 inches, then cut two 2 inch pieces from my friendly plastic strip. I laid one piece on my craft sheet, then cut half an inch lengthways from the other piece, & laid it next to the other on the sheet. I heated it with a heat tool until it had a cracked surface, & the two pieces were melted together. Then I pushed the black foam piece into the centre. Wet your fingers with cold water & mould the friendly plastic around the foam. Be careful, as it will be quite hot to touch. Before it cooled, I wet the tip of an embossing tool, & added some dots around the edge.

Next, I took the leftover 2 x 1 inch friendly plastic piece, laid it next to another 2 x 1 inch piece, & added a 2 x 0.25 inch piece at the bottom. Once this was melted together, it was 2.25 x 2 inches. Whilst it was molten, I laid 2 filigree metal squares to the top & bottom, then pushed the first friendly plastic frame into it. Before it cooled, I wet a Ten Second Studio Wheel Tool, & used it to add texture to the edges.

I stamped one of the statues from the Architecture 3 Plate, inked it with vintage photo distress ink, then cut it  to fit inside the frame. I only used part of the image. I added more colour by painting with blue & orange Inka Gold. I glued the image inside the frame with glossy accents, then once it was set, added a layer of glossy accents over the top.

Once the glossy accents layer was set, I added blue Inka Gold accents to the highlight the texture on the edges, then I filled the little dots on the inner frame with blue stickles.

Sorry about my long-winded instructions this week, I hope they have made sense & encouraged you to try out friendly plastic, if you haven't before!

Thanks for looking, enjoy your chocolate eggs!
Alison xox

18 comments:

Jacqueline said...

That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Have a lovely Easter

Jackie

Jacqueline said...

That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

Have a lovely Easter

Jackie

Dragon said...

Not long-winded!! Just very informative. I LOVE FP too. Thanks for your lovely piece of inspiration!!
Frankie
xx

peggy gatto said...

Oh, thank you for your art and the info!

Inkypinkycraft said...

Great frame and instructions!! Hugs trace x

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...beautiful piece Alison...as always an inspiration...mel :)

Astrid Maclean said...

What a clever idea, gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is fantastic!!!

Von said...

Owww Alison isn't that fab :)
Von x♥x

Marjie Kemper said...

What an awesome sample! Hearing more and more about this FP lately. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

This is even better than the photo makes out. Thank you for showing me Alison. It was lovely to meet you at The Craft Barn.

Artyjen said...

Fabulously antique looking Alison.
xoxo Sioux

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Looks wonderful, great textured frame.

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful frame you made Alison.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Greetings Janny

Emma Williams said...

This is gorgeous...beautiful work, as always!
xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous textures and colour.
Wishes
Lynne

Jennie Atkinson said...

That's fantastic Alison. I haven't had my FP out for ages. Thanks for some great inspiration. x

hazel said...

A brilliant FP frame Alison.
xxx Hazel.