Wednesday 25 April 2012

Home Sweet Home by Alison

Hello Stampers! This week I've been playing with Kat's gorgeous new stamp designs, which can be found HERE.


My base is a little 3.75 inch square block, 0.75 inches deep. I covered the front & sides with Ideaology Tissue Tape, then inked it with juniper & willow Alcohol Inks. If any pieces of Tissue Tape don't want to stick, just glue them down with some Studio Matt Medium.


Next, I took some silver Ten Seconds Studio metal sheet, & stuck it to black card, using Humungo Tape. I stamped the houses, flowers & phrase from Kat's Creations Plates, using jet black Stazon ink. I dried this with a Heat Tool, then traced around the houses & flowers with an embossing tool. I cut out the images, leaving a small border, then used a Wheel Tool to edge them. 

I painted the images with Alcohol Inks Lights, using a fine paint brush. I did this very lightly as the alcohol inks tend to react with the stazon. Finally, I used Studio Matt Medium to glue the images to my base.

Thanks for looking,
Alison xox

21 comments:

Dragon said...

OOO it's yummy and teeny wee!!! I love those new stamps and how you have used them
Frankie
xx

Ann said...

Fabulous Alison & it really does justice to the lovely new stamps from Kat.....TFS!!!
Ann xx

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is great , love the colours! Hugs Trace x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love how you used the metal for the houses..really gorgeous!
xx

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...wow...simply stunning with universal appeal...clever techniques with pretty colours...your work just blows me away Alison...Melxx :)

Sid said...

Lovely creation Ali !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great canvas and wonderful looking stamps!! Whole piece looks great!

Jennie Atkinson said...

Alison this is fantastic - I loved these stamps when I saw them and you've made such a lovely piece with them. Love your colours. x

The Sparkly Fairy said...

Love this - really like the use of metal x

Artyjen said...

Fabulous use of the new stamps ;)
Love the metal embossed look!
xoxo Sioux

Gabrielle said...

Oh now then my lovely - look what you made! Tis lovely! The little clouds are an inspired touch! You are very clever!

Candy C said...

What a GREAT canvas! I love everything about it! <3 Candy

Linda said...

What a really great canvas! Fantastic use of metal. I love everything of it!!!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So wonderful, love it.

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful card Allison.
Love teh way you make things .

Greetings Janny

Kat said...

how cool is it to see someone else use your stamp designs & put there own spin on it, AMAZINGLY COOL,
metal houses, (I would never have thought of that)
fab job Alison,
Kat xxxxx.

Sam & Poppy said...

I love this! I think I NEED those stamps!
Have a fab day, Sam xxx

Anonymous said...

Alison brought so many elements together beautifully.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

Absolutely fabulous Alison, I love everything about it especially how you've used the stamps.
xxx Hazel.

Emma Williams said...

One word...GORGEOUS!! An absolutely stunning piece of artwork!
Love Emma xxx

Yvonne said...

Again a stunning piece of artwork Alison! I love the use of the materials like the metal sheet, the alcohol ink and tissuetape. Love the colours, and the house stamps .... LOVE it ALL!!!
Yvon xxx