Friday 18 May 2012

Family Photo by Alison

Hello Stampers. I have a vintage hanging to share with you today.


Here's how I made it...

I stamped the Family Values image onto white card with black versafine ink, then clear embossed it. I coloured it using antique linen & vintage photo distress inks, then distressed the edge with a paper distresser & inked them with vintage photo ink.

For the background, I took a slightly larger piece of white card, stamped the chicken wire background with vintage photo DI, then used blending foam to give it a smudged look. Again, I distressed the edges & inked them with vintage photo.

For the base, I painted a ripped piece of corrugated packaging with black Studio gesso, then rubbed a little gold Viva inka gold around the edges.

I assembled my hanging as shown, using long fasteners to attach the background to the base. I then added some ruched vintage lace, a heart charm tied with coffee-dyed fabric, and a chain to hang my artwork.

12 comments:

Marjie Kemper said...

Oh, my! Love the image and the corrugated frame is such a stunning base. Awesome contrast of metal and lace!

...the yorkshire fox... said...

...awesome work Alison, loVe your vintage styling, cool inking & elements...superb...Mel :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous vintagey goodness!!

Sid said...

Lovely hanging Alison !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Fantastic creation, love that black corrugated card background, - makes for such a great contrast with the other elements!!

Gabrielle said...

I love, love, love this Alison! Really quite fabulous x

Yvonne said...

Beautiful card, great colours, wonderful family photo!
Great piece of corrugated package material as a background!
Greetings, Yvon

monique said...

splendide
bravoooooooooooooooo
md

Artyjen said...

It is a picture! :) Lovely creation
xoxo Sioux

hazel said...

A fabulous creation Alison, beautiful image.
xxx Hazel.

Emma Williams said...

FAB!!! I love the image and I adore that corrugated frame!! Really gorgeous work.
Emma xx

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A fabulous hanger, the corrugated cardboard is perfect for the background