Wednesday 30 May 2012

Fly the Flag! by Jennie

Hi, and welcome to one of my rare posts....We have such a wonderfully creative team, that I don't post very often! I have made an ATC this time, using the London Stamp set, and this is an ATC that is actually going to be given away to one of the WOYWWers ( What's on Your Workdesk? Wednesday) hosted by the lovely Julia here.

I used Ranger's ATC's in Specialty paper, and the new absolutely gorgeous Distress Spring inks. They do have a tendency to sit on top the paper, so I heat set them, and stamped the London skyline in black soot distress ink. For some reason which I have yet to fathom, the solid bit of the stamp came out blotchy, and gave a wonderful effect (at least I thought so!)
I used the Union Jack bunting on the same plate and inked it up with Fired Brick and Chipped Sapphire Distress Markers. "Huff" (i.e. breathe hard ) on the stamp when you have finished colouring them, and stamp onto a piece of Claudine's Studio sticky back canvas. I cut out the flags and folded them over to making bunting on some coloured raffia.  I loved the faded effect of the markers on the canvas.
Here is a list of the ingredients :

London Stamp Set
Specialty Paper ATC's
Distress Spring Inks
Distress Markers
Sticky back canvas

Take care and have a very creative day
Jennie

2 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow, fabulous!!!! Totally love the night time effect! The addition of the bunting just finishes it off beautifully! Great ATC!!

Georgie Horn said...

What a fantastic ATC!