Wednesday 16 May 2012

A HOUSE IS JUST A HOUSE by Kat

Hello, Hello, Hello, Kat here,
well the sun is shining (a rarity lately) but it makes me feel happy,
I'm here with another frame to share with you today,


as you can see it's in the same style as the frame
I made at the beginning of the month
I'm sorry I can't help myself,
I'm still so excited about the houses being turned into stamps
but this time I had my new bunting to go with them,
all though the bunting is designed to go with the houses,
It is a stand alone set as well
(I hope to make some samples soon to show this)
I just need more hours in the day, lol


the frame was painted with black acrylic paint
& aged with a bit of inka gold in antique silver,
the images are from my stamp sets HERE
I have my own button on the website entitled
kat's creations how cool is that
& now it has the bunting in there too!
every thing is stamped with Jet black archival ink
& coloured with a verity of Distress Inks
I used the stipple background 
to give a bit of texture to the sky.


for the bunting I stamped it onto scrap card &
left a piece at the top when I cut it out
 to fold over the wire & glue it to the back of itself
that way you can add the bunting flags to any 
wire, string, fibres etc,
as this is covered wire it was so easy to form it
into the shape I wanted & I twisted the ends around a pen
to get the twirly bits.
(I hope that makes sense)

that's about it from me today,
thanks for looking at this post,
Kat x.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

Your stamps are awesome... and I love the framed artwork you created with them... oh so sweet...

Jenny x

Inkypinkycraft said...

Another really lovely piece hugstrace x

Helen said...

The stamps are great, the bunting is fab and the whole thing looks a picture (lol!) Love it.

Sid said...

Lovely frame !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Great looking frame and I love the addition of the bunting!

Emma Williams said...

Another fabulous piece of artwork...
Emma xx

Artyjen said...

The bunting really sets it off....fab frame ;)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Wow, SO gorgeous!!!! The bunting is beautiful.

Janny Jager said...

Lovely frame Kat

Greetings Janny

Ana K. said...

Colors, frame, houses,... everything together is just perfect!
Greetings from Slovenia!

craftytrog said...

Just beautiful Kat! I adore your houses, & love the little wire heart on your bunting! xox