Wednesday 2 May 2012

Into Each Day by Jennie Atkinson

Hello Everyone! I am absolutely delighted, and excited, to be guest designer this month with the Artistic Stamper Creative Team. Thank you to Jennie and Emma, for inviting me. I hope to share with you three very different projects using a few of the great stamps produced by Jennie.
I have quite a passion for making my own flowers for my scrapbook pages, mini books and hangings.  So my first project is a hanging with a handmade flower and using this wonderful sentiment stamp - Into Each Day ..............

The hanging measures 7" x 5.5" and is made from a piece of mountboard scrounged from my local picture framer.  Unfortunately the board wouldn't take too much water, so I took a piece of smooth white card and used the Tim Holtz Wrinkle Free Distress technique rubbing Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress Inks onto my craft sheet, misting them with water and then pressing my paper into the watery ink until I was happy with the look, drying each layer with the heat tool before picking up more ink.  This is one of my favourite techniques and I am having a bit of a love affair with Broken China and Dusty Concord at the moment!

I gold embossed the large clock from the Tick Tock A5 Plate in the top left corner and balanced this with the Calligraphic Text 9 plate in the lower left.  Once I had stuck my paper to my board I blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edge of the paper and used a gold calligraphy pen to give the hanging a gold edge.  I made a frame from Dusty Concord Core-dinations Cardstock and cut an aperture for the lovely Into Each Day sentiment stamp which I stamped with Black Archival ink.

My flower was made using the Flower Power A6 plate.  I stamped the largest, middle and small sized flowers lightly on smooth cream cardstock and cut out.  You need two of each.  Spritz them with water and roll and squeeze the outside petals over the handle of a small watercolour paintbrush.  When dry edge the petals with some Dusty Concord and layer them on top of each   For more details on making this flower, you can visit my blog and click on the “dahlia” tutorial. 

I cut two leaves from grungepaper using my Tattered Leaves die, embossed them with a Sizzix embossing folder and used Dusty Concord and Vintage Photo to give them colour.

Add a bit of lace, a couple of glass stick pins and some bendy wire and the hanging is complete.

Thanks for looking and I’ll be back with another project soon.

Jennie x

19 comments:

Netty said...

Beautiful hanging Jennie and congratulations. x

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

this is lovely. I love your flower and leaves !

Sandra Botham said...

Wow this is stunning. Really beautiful and eye catching. Colours really work well together.
Thanks for sharing.

Sid said...

Gorgeous soft colours !!

Maggie said...

Gorgeous hanging Jennie and congratulations on your Guest Designer spot, loving the flower will pop over to your blog!

Maggie

Charli said...

Beautiful hanging. What a lovely combination Dusty Concord and Broken China make!
A lovely sentiment to choose, and your flower is fab, on the photo it looks like a stiff fabric flower!

Charli x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful, love the flower.

Astrid Maclean said...

What a fantastic project! Love everything about it, - the flower looks amazing! Off to your blog now to check out the tutorial:o)

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

So lovely...but most of all, I think: creative :-)

greetings, Alie :-)

Gabrielle said...

I am so glad it is not just me that struggles to get water to react 'properly' on mountboard! I think this hanging is lovely - the colours are beautiful and the flower is stunning x

craftytrog said...

Stunning artwork Jennie! Great to have you with us this month...looking forward to your next project.
Alison xox

Jennie Atkinson said...

Thank you for all your lovely comments!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Jennie is so talented, and her project is simply GORGEOUS! Love the sentiment and her handmade bloom is so lovely! Congrats Jennie on your Guest DT spot! xx

Janny Jager said...

This is beautiful Jennie
i love the way you made your flowers

Greetings Janny

Becky said...

Ooh Jennie that is lovely and congrats on being a guest designer.xx

Artyjen said...

Wow! Just love the whole look :)
xoxo Sioux

Inkypinkycraft said...

This is beautiful, the colours are so soft and I love that flower! Hugs trace x

Mickie said...

Congratulations Jennie on being invited to be guest designer - your project is beautiful and inspiring. Looking forward to the next one

Mickie x

Emma Williams said...

Stunning piece of artwork, Jennie and I love the colours you've chosen to use...really beautiful.
Thank you for joining us as our Guest Designer this month, it's been a pleasure to be able to work alongside you.
Love Emma xxx