Hello Everyone! I am absolutely delighted, and excited, to be guest designer this month with the Artistic Stamper Creative Team. Thank you to Jennie and Emma, for inviting me. I hope to share with you three very different projects using a few of the great stamps produced by Jennie.
I have quite a passion for making my own flowers for my scrapbook pages, mini books and hangings. So my first project is a hanging with a handmade flower and using this wonderful sentiment stamp - Into Each Day ..............
The hanging measures 7" x 5.5" and is made from a piece of mountboard scrounged from my local picture framer. Unfortunately the board wouldn't take too much water, so I took a piece of smooth white card and used the Tim Holtz Wrinkle Free Distress technique rubbing Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress Inks onto my craft sheet, misting them with water and then pressing my paper into the watery ink until I was happy with the look, drying each layer with the heat tool before picking up more ink. This is one of my favourite techniques and I am having a bit of a love affair with Broken China and Dusty Concord at the moment!
I gold embossed the large clock from the Tick Tock A5 Plate in the top left corner and balanced this with the Calligraphic Text 9 plate in the lower left. Once I had stuck my paper to my board I blended Vintage Photo Distress Ink around the edge of the paper and used a gold calligraphy pen to give the hanging a gold edge. I made a frame from Dusty Concord Core-dinations Cardstock and cut an aperture for the lovely Into Each Day sentiment stamp which I stamped with Black Archival ink.
My flower was made using the Flower Power A6 plate. I stamped the largest, middle and small sized flowers lightly on smooth cream cardstock and cut out. You need two of each. Spritz them with water and roll and squeeze the outside petals over the handle of a small watercolour paintbrush. When dry edge the petals with some Dusty Concord and layer them on top of each For more details on making this flower, you can visit my blog and click on the “dahlia” tutorial.
I cut two leaves from grungepaper using my Tattered Leaves die, embossed them with a Sizzix embossing folder and used Dusty Concord and Vintage Photo to give them colour.
Add a bit of lace, a couple of glass stick pins and some bendy wire and the hanging is complete.
Thanks for looking and I’ll be back with another project soon.