Tuesday 8 May 2012

Moon Woman by Alison

Hello Stampers. Today I have an art doll pendant to share with you.


Here's how I made her...

Moon Woman's body is made from a Chipboard Jar. I painted both sides with Black Acrylic Paint, then embossed the front with 3 layers of black ultra thick embossing enamel. I inked the Karantha Spiral Texture Stamp with Versamark embossing ink, then stamped into the last layer of black UTEE whilst it was still molten. I rubbed Lava Green Inka Gold onto the raised texture to highlight the design.


To make the face, I melted black UTEE in my Melt Pot, then poured it into the Karantha large Round Face Mould. Once it was set, I popped it out, then painted it with Watermelon Paint Dabber. When the paint was dry, I highlighted the design by rubbing the Lava Green Inka Gold on it. I glued the face to a large Ideaology Timepiece, then glued this to the top of the jar body.

I took 2 medium & 1 small Chipboard flowers, painted them with Watermelon Dabber, then stamped a Script Background with Black Archival Ink. I triple embossed the flowers with Clear UTEE, then stamped with the Karantha Spiral Texture stamp whilst the last layer was still molten. Again, I highlighted the texture with the Inka Gold. To make the 'wings', I cut 3 petals off the medium flowers, & glued the flowers to the back of the jar body. I layered the small flower with a Sprocket Gear & a pink gem brad, then glued it to the front of the body.


I punched 2 holes at the bottom of the body, with a Cropadile, then glued 2 large eyelets into them. I dabbed Watermelon Paint onto the Ideaology Word Sticks, rubbed most of it off, leaving the paint inside the words, then attached the 'legs' with Jump Rings.

I attached a bale to the back of Moon Woman, & added some Link Chain & a large Swivel Clasp. I coloured a Pearl Bauble with Watermelon Alcohol Ink, & attached it to the end of the chain as a finishing touch.

I hope you like my Moon Woman Art Doll, & it inspires you to make one of your own. It was great fun to make!

Thanks for looking,
Alison xox

17 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Oh!! That is gorgeous!! I have never tried making an art doll before so i must have a go. They look really interesting.

Thanks for sharing

Jackie x

Elaine said...

Love this. Great idea to use a jar as the base, love all the details and the Find Time!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

great artdoll with gorgeous details!

greetings, Alie :-)

Artyjen said...

Great mixed media piece....love the face being attached to the clock face ;)
xoxo Sioux

Astrid Maclean said...

This is sooo cool and what a great idea! LOVE IT!!!

Becky said...

She is lovely Alison what a great idea

Jennie Atkinson said...

What a great idea and very inspirational Alison. Love it!

Lucy Edmondson said...

This is absolutely inspired and inspiring, Alison. I love the idea of the face over the clock, the flowers for hands, everything really. It is not just creative but it works so well as a piece of jewellery too, totally unique but classy too. I would be proud to wear something like this. Such a talking point,

Lucy x

Annie said...

Hi Alison, this is a fab creation, loving the face mould and the bits n pieces you used to put it all together. The legs are great as we all wish we could find time. Stunning ! Thank you so much fo sharing this inspirational piece........crafty hugs. Annie :)

Anonymous said...

Such clever use of the chipboard jar.
Fun but also very arty.
Wishes
Lynne

Janny Jager said...

Great Artdoll Alison.and a great idea
Love it very much

Greetings Janny

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous art doll!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A cool doll, looks wonderful.

Vick said...

Oh Alison, I absolutely love what you have done here, its awesome x
the-artful-codger.blogspot.com
YT vixcrafts

Emma Williams said...

A really stunning and unique piece...it's absolutely gorgeous Alison, you're a very clever lady...
Love Emma xx

Gabrielle said...

Oh I do love your wearable art pieces and this is no exception! Very clever and exceptionally brilliant!

Linda said...

Ooooh, this is so cool!