Saturday 29 September 2012

Creative Inspiration by Jennie

Once a month, I pop by and try to give you a tutorial or show you a piece of my art that I have created in the past month. This month, I thought you might like to see what I did at The Big Stamp & Scrapbooking Show at the weekend. I am very lucky as I get to play with lots of products, and this time, we had some of the gorgeous gilding leaf from Crafty Notions. I do have some of this in stock in the shop, and we will be having the bigger pots in next month. I used it through The Crafter’s Workshop templates, and sponged a very small amount of the Crafty Notions glue with a piece of cut n dry on top of the mask. You only need to use a very very little of the glue to adhere the leaf. It goes a long way! I also used it with some of the Journaling word stamps. Sponge a minute amount of glue onto the stamps, and stamp normally. add lots of gilding metal to the stamps image, and rub away until the excess is gone, and you left with a gilded image. I used the normal size #8 manila tags, and beside it you can see the humungous size #12 tag!  All of it was done on top of Dylusions sprays, and added extras are lots of our background stamps!



tag detail 2

All the links for the products are at the end of the post :)
I will be at Port Sunlight today demonstrating the same technique if you are there. Do come and say hello.
Have a creative day
Hugs
Jennie

8 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

This looks fantastic, love the luminous backgrounds! Wonderful!!

Von said...

What a fab way of adding a bit of pazza :)
Von ♥

CraftyJo said...

Loving these jumbo tags and this one is gorgeous - thanks for showing us how to add the gilding flakes this afternoon at Port Sunny - we really appreciated you demo'ing even though you desperately wanted to put your feet up ;)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Words and Pictures said...

Colours so intense they glow - amazing! Jumbo tags are clearly the new 'must-have'!
Alison x

Sid said...

Great tags Jennie and nice to see you at Port Sunny yesterday !!

Janny Jager said...

Great Tags Jenny
Love it colors and every thing on it

Greetings Janny

Marjie Kemper said...

Scrumptious colors! Love the layering... such beautiful tags, Jennie!