Wednesday 5 September 2012

Free your Soul by Sioux Jenneys

I'm back! And It's a tag from me today :)


1. I decided to try out the speciality stamping paper from Ranger and cut a tag with it using the Sizzix die. Then stamp the Gibson Girl 4 in Archival black and coloured with Distress Ink walnut stain, tea dye and tattered rose using a cut and dry nib to do so. I then masked the girl by painting over her with Glue and Seal matte for a change and stamped the calligraphy mat 20 in Archival chrome yellow over her.


2. I then proceeded to stamp images from the architecture 1 plate, small bingo card and the labels plate very randomly around the edges using both Archival coffee and sepia.

3. I then coloured the background with Distress Inks in scattered straw and bundled sage before flicking some water drops on and dabbing off....it gives a very clear and defined patch with no ink on it compared to using watercolour paper.


4. I then added more Distress Inks around the edges in darker shades - walnut stain, aged mahogany and tattered the edges adding more walnut stain.

5. Finally I stamped the sentiment from Free your Soul by Donna (love that font) and made a phrase from journaling mini words 1 matted onto black card before adding a bit of bakers twine and an idea-ology muse token.



It's a good thing people can't see what I am imagining at times ROFL :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

14 comments:

Redanne said...

What ever was in your imagination certainly worked on this tag, it is beautiful.

donnalouiserodgers said...

i think it is fandango (the font),I did let Jennie know which font it is, but now I can't remember... don't you think it makes you want that Gibson girl to shake out her hair and let it all loose?

same with imagination - it is no use stuck inside peoples heads... it does need to be expressed,

gorgeous tag . love the way her pale face glows

Barb King said...

Really nice tag, I love all the details in the background.

maria's knutselplezier said...

What a beautifull tag, and I love those words, pretty colours and details too!!!

Greetings
Maria

Joanne said...

Another of your imaginative tags Sioux, so clever. Sorry, but as I pulled up the comment page I noticed a visitor from Lower Hutt. That's NZ where my cousins live. Whoohoo! Thanks for that on 2 counts - a wonderful piece of art and memories.
Hugs Joanne xx

Disco Queen said...

Hi Sioux, Love your tag. I hadn't thought of using glue 'n' seal for masking purposes. Must give this a go.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh, love this tag, looks great and super use of the stamps!!

Janny Jager said...

Great tag with beautiful stamps.
Love it
Greetings Janny

Crafting Queen said...

Great tag, love the combination of stamps.

Helen said...

Great stamping! I think we know what you imagine sometimes from what you DO tell us, lol! Thanks for dropping by earlier - I am trying to stay positive....!!

Claudia N. said...

A lovely tag indeed! So gorgeous!

die amelie x

Maggie said...

So much detail on this tag I Love it!

Maggie H

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful Sioux! xxx

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic background on this tag... what a great creation!
Alison x