Tuesday 20 November 2012

A Burlesque 18th by Alison

Hello Stampers!
Today's project from me, is the card that I made for my daughter Beth, for her 18th birthday, which was on the 18th of this month. I chose the theme of 'Burlesque', because that was the outfit that she wore to her fancy dress party. I wanted her card to act as a reminder of this. The Artistic Stamper has some beautiful Lace stamps, which were perfect!
So here is my card, in all its bright & feathery glory...
The base is an A4 piece of black card, folded in half.
On a piece of white card, I stamped the Lace Background twice, next to each other, in black Versafine ink then embossed it using clear embossing powder. I then stamped the Lacy Border 4 times in black, & clear embossed them as before. I cut around the background & borders, then inked them all with Picked Raspberry Distress Ink.
I attached the background to the black card base, then added the lacy borders, as shown.
I stamped 'Follow Your Dreams' from Journaling Words 1, onto shrink plastic, using black Stazon ink, cut around it, allowing room for a hole to be punched at one end. I inked the reverse with Picked Raspberry DI, then used a heat tool to shrink it.
I die cut a large ticket from white card, using the Sizzix Movers & Shakers Mini Tickets die, inked it with Picked Raspberry & Black Soot DI, then stamped the phrase from the Greetings & Words 1 Plate. I attached a charm clip to the top of the ticket, then added a heart charm & the shrink plastic charm, using jump rings. I glued a pink gem inside the charm clip.
I glued the ticket to my card, trapping a pink & a black feather behind. I added the number 18, using Alpha Parts, & finished my card off with a gem flower.
Thanks for looking,
Alison xxx

11 comments:

mark gould said...

wow, those stamps look awesome, what a great card.
Ps, thank you Jennie, Stamps arrived today, they are brilliant x

Caroline said...

WOW this is stunning the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Helen said...

Gorgeous card, loving the feathers!! Glad Beth had a great day.

Astrid Maclean said...

Oh the the bright colours on this, really fit the theme!Love that balck and pink combo! The feathers are a smashing addition as is the shrink plastic tag. Bet she loved the card!!!

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Wowww...those feathers and the colours...great great!!!
Compliments Alison....

greetings, Alie :-)

Words and Pictures said...

Wowzers... well that goes with the cake I saw over at Alison's!!
Alison x

Artyjen said...

That's just fabulous, gorgeous and so fits the theme. Love it ;)
xoxo Sioux

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Awesome, love the rocking colors.

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful Alison with the feathers and colors.
Really greta.

Greetings Janny

Julia S-W said...

Wow, gorgeous card Alison!! I have that lace stamp and I love how you've used it!
Juliaxx

Anonymous said...

Wow! Stunning. Perfect for the occasion.
Florence x