Friday 9 November 2012

Angelic Art Doll by Alison

Hello Stampers!
I made an art doll for my very first post as a CT member, nearly 2 years ago, & as they are great fun to make, I thought it was time I made another :)
I started by painting a piece of corrugated card with silver paint dabber, for the base.
For the face, I stamped Girl With a Flower in Her Hair onto white card, coloured her with antique linen distress ink, then cut her out. I added a festive foliage poinsettia to her hair, with a crystal brad. I used wired tinsel for her halo, & attached it behind with sticky tape.
I painted the die-cut wings with pearl paint dabber, & added some platinum stickles to the lower edges.
For the dress, I used running stitch to attach some pretty organza to some white cotton. I pulled the thread to create a gather, then sewed the angel's head on through the sticky tape on the back.
I die cut a Sizzix snowflake, using music paper, attached a Christmas muse token with a long fastener, & attached the snowflake to the dress.
I added some beaded trim to the bottom edge of the base,some eyelets & chain to the top, then glued on the wings, & attached the angel, using silicone glue.
I hope this inspires you to make your own art doll,
thanks for looking, & for all the lovely comments you leave, which are greatly appreciated,
Alison xxx

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

She's wonderful - so quirky and original!
Alison x

Unknown said...

Just love her!

Artyjen said...

A wonderful ice angel ;)
xoxo Sioux

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fantastic Alison - I really love everything about her!

Marjie Kemper said...

What a fabulous gal! Love that gorgeous snowflake, too.

Janny Jager said...

Great and beautiful art doll Alison.

greetings Janny

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous!!