Friday 16 November 2012

Fish and Flowers by Sioux Jenneys

Hello everyone! It's my (Sioux) turn again and I'm here to share not just one card...



But two cards!!! :)
I felt so guilty that these were so easy to make that I made two cards for you today ;)


1. I have taken to loving the look of stamped images layered together...no masking at all....in shades of just a couple of colours. So I stamped the fish card in Distress Ink faded Jeans and Peeled Paint then tatter the edges and inked with Distress Ink Brushed Corderoy. I used the following stamps on this card.

Fish and "Beside the Seaside" from Beside the Seaside
The net is Mini Lattice Wire
Polka dot is Dots Background
Flower from Botanical Plate 1
Journey from Jounaling Words II

2. The flower card was stamped in Distress Ink Peeled Paint and Scattered Straw then the edges were tattered and inked with brushed corderoy again. I used the following stamps on this card.

Flower from Botanical Plate 1
Calligraphic Mat 13
Stamp from Airmail Bird Collage Elements
Small Bingo Card
Butterfly from Insects and Butterflies 1
Happy from Jounalling Words 1

Ooh! Making those made me happy :) See you again soon!
xoxo Sioux

14 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card's I love the images and the colours are fabulous. Caroline xxx

Helen said...

Lovely cards, Sioux, especially the second one. Fab colours!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

The only thing that matters is results... results are awesome !!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning, both of them!! Love how you have layered the stamps with the different colours of ink, so effective! Like Tit said, awesome results!

Crafting Queen said...

Two great cards. Like your layered look!

KatzElbows said...

Never apologise for easy, especially when they look so fab.

Jennie Atkinson said...

Stunning work Sioux - I love the combination of colours. I will definately give this a go!! thankyou!

Joanne said...

They made me happy just looking at them especially the fish one as it took me to Brixham harbour and the posh new fish market.
xxx

lydia jordan said...

Lovely simple elegant cards stunning.
Lydia
X

Janny Jager said...

Beautiful cards Sioux
Love them .
Great colors and stamps.
Greetings Janny

Catherine SIWCZAK said...

wow ! fabulous !

Words and Pictures said...

You say "simple", I say "stunning"! Gorgeous stamping with wonderful images...
Alison x

Jenny Marples said...

It takes artistic genius to know just which stamps to choose, which colours would work together and how they should be layered, so please don't talk down how clever these are. Love them both. Hugs, Buttons x

Anonymous said...

These cards are stunning Sioux! The stamped layers look amazing!! xxx