Sunday 11 November 2012

Ho! Ho! Ho! ...by Emma


Hello everyone! Hope you are all well and had a wonderful weekend, so far!

It's time for me to share my latest creation with you all and as always, I hope you like it...
...and here's how I made it!

To begin with, I created the frame using Tim Holtz Sizzix dies that I have in my stash. I then stamped the image of Santa onto a piece of cream card, die cut to size to match the larger frame. I blended the card with Old Paper DI and then blended the edges with Vintage Photo before I coloured the image using Distress Markers as watercolour paints to give a soft, vintage look to the piece. I then attached the finished piece to my frame.
Next, I die cut the lamp post and holly leaves from chipboard and painted it with an Adirondack Paint Dabber, leaving the surface stippled to give a texture to the paint. I painted the holly leaves and berries and allowed them all to dry before adding a piece of acetate behind the lantern part of the lamp post, coloured with Alcohol Ink. Once all my pieces were completely dry, I attached them to the main frame.
I then die cut the Tattered Pine Cone pieces from card, blended the cones with Gathered Twigs and the leaf fronds with Iced Spruce before shaping them to make dimensional cones. I added my completed cones, twigs and punched holly leaves to my frame, together with some vintage ribbon from my stash.
Using black Archival Ink, I stamped the Merry Christmas ticket from Tim's, Odd and Ends stamp set, onto a piece of card blended with Old Paper DI and I also stamped the Calligraphy stamp using the same colours. I added the ticket to my frame and then rolled up the stamped Calligraphy piece of paper to make a scroll. I then attached this, together with a pen nib to my artwork. Finally, I added accents of Rock Candy dry glitter to the cones, leaves and lamp post.
Adirondack Paint Dabbers

So, I really hope you liked my first piece for this month!!
I'll be back later in the month with my second creation but until then...thank you for taking the time to visit and I'll look forward to reading all your comments!
See you soon...Emma x


15 comments:

Artyjen said...

Aaah! 'Tis a great xmas feel :)
xoxo Sioux

Astrid Maclean said...

Wow Emma, adore this, stunning. Specially like the idea of the acetate behind the lamp. Love also how all the pieces fit just perfectly together to make a fab Christmas deco piece! Really stunning!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. And very Christmassy.

Scrumplescrunch said...

Hello Emma
This is beautifully made it has gorgeous elements that are placed perfectly, and it has a wonderful tactile quality.
The lamp-posts look great, and relates a vintage feel.
Just gorgeous.
Smiles:)
Sue

Redanne said...

What an absolutely gorgeous piece of art, a lovely Christmas decor piece.

Ginger said...

ohh, very pretty x

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Oh Woooooow!!! This is gorgeous, love every single detail on it! xx

Maggie said...

So Vintage So Christmas So FABULOUS! Love it Emma

MaggieH

Jennie Atkinson said...

Oooh Emma! Just stunning and soooo christmassy! I love all the individual elements - the santa is gorgous and what a great idea for the lamps.

Just fabulous!

Elly said...

OMG...this is outstanding. What a beautiful christmas creation.

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful Emma
Love it.
Greetings Janny

Anonymous said...

Vintage verily at its voluminous (on a minor scale) best! Lovely ideas still pouring out of you (which sounds odd but I know what I mean!)

Words and Pictures said...

Glorious detailing all the way round the frame, and I love the colouring of the image! Wow!
Alison x

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Emma, your creation is outstanding !

Paper Profusion said...

Wow - there is a lot of work and detailing going on here and it all shows fabulously. Brilliant creation Emma. Nicola x