Wednesday 28 November 2012

Timeless Twenties... by Joanna King

I can't believe it's already time for my final post as the November's Guest Designer at The Artistic Stamper... Where has November gone???

Before I share my final project, I would like to say a big 'thank you' to Jennie and the Creative Team for inviting me to share this fabulous Artistic Stamper adventure. Another big 'thank you' to Emma, for all her help and hard work to make this adventure so much fun! And I mustn't forget about You lovely crafters - for leaving such wonderful comments on my previous projects :).


Today I have an altered shadow box/frame to share. The stamps I used are from Twenties #1 A5 plate, Lacy Border and the sentiment is from the Time and Keys set.

I started my project by painting the frame with a few coats of matt emulsion paint. Then, using the Coffee Archival ink, I stamped the Lacy Border on each side. If you stamp the pattern by hand without a stamping block, you can control the amount of pressure you apply. This way you can easily create a worn, distressed look by leaving parts of the image unstamped :).


The front and the inner part of the frame were decorated with printed napkins. Napkin art is my fave technique at the moment :).

Then I stamped the lovely Twenties Ladies and the sentiment onto patterned papers and coloured them subtly with chalk pencils. The peacock feather was highlighted with metallic markers.


Before I sealed the background image within the box, I added some highlights with Stampendous glitter and colour fragments around the glass and the inner frame. And I also added some crushed glass glitter to turn my shadow box into a shaker box :).


To decorate the front I used a couple of peacock feathers and a moulded flower I made from embossing enamels and UTEE.

I hope you like this last project from me and I have really enjoyed sharing inspiration here with you. I hope you will still pop over to my Creative Spell to say 'hello' from time to time :).

Big hugs

11 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

A wonderful finale - would love to see the shaking in action! Such a beautiful idea, and brilliantly executed as usual... what a great month of inspiration - thank you Joanna!
Alison x

Caroline said...

This is gorgeous I love your designs. Caroline xxx

Joanna Wiśniewska said...

Beautiful project :)

Ros Crawford said...

Stunning!!! Your work is always amazing

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. I always admire Joanna's work.

Hugs~

Janny Jager said...

Great and beautiful project .
love it.
Greetings Janny

Paper Profusion said...

Sorry its your last one Joanna - its a beauty of a piece. Love all your creations. Nicola x

Artyjen said...

Loved all you shared with us...this is another lovely piece
xoxo Sioux

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Thank you so much for your lovely comments! x

Jenny Marples said...

Thanks to you I can't look at napkins these days without imagining so many possibilities. This is such a lovely project and adding the glitter inside the frame is the final fabulous step. Hugs, Buttons x

Unknown said...

Wonderful project Joanna and a fitting end. You've done yourself proud with this shaker box and I'm with Alison, wish I could see it in action. :) Love the peacock feathers and the rich color they add to this special box. Hugs