Friday 11 January 2013

The Roaring Twenties by Emma


Hi everyone and welcome to my first piece and my first post for The Artistic Stamper in 2013!!

For this piece, I decided to create a card design with a difference and here it is, I hope you like what I've made...

To being with, I cut two separate pieces of cream card to make my sleeve and cut a circular aperture in the centre of the card, which will form the cover. I stamped the image of the Deco lady onto the corner of my cover and then masked her off by stamping the image onto a post it note, cutting around the outline and sticking the post it note over the top of the main stamped image. I then inked up the front cover using Old Paper DI. Once that was done, I then used polka dot stencil and inked through the holes with Vintage Photo DI and a Snow Cap Adirondack Paint Dabber, all the time, keeping the mask over the top of the stamped image of the lady. I used the Music Background stamp to stamp random areas of the cover and I also used one of the dotty border stamps to stamp around the edge. I dabbed randomly around the edges of the record sleeve with Versamark Ink and then added embossing powder to give an aged look.
Finally, I stamped a Tim Holtz, Paris Postmark from my stash, onto the cover and then removed the mask and coloured the Deco lady in, using Distress Marker Pens. Next, I stuck the completed cover to the plain backing to make my record sleeve.
To make the "vinyl record"...I cut out a circle of black card, using a plate as a template and then added matts and layers of card to create the centre of my vinyl and finally, I printed off the wording from the computer, adhered that to the card and punched a hole into the centre.
I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die from Sizzix to create my large flower, which I inked with Tumbled Glass DI and misted with Biscotti Perfect Pearls Spray. I stuck the finished flower onto the front of my cover, together with leaves die cut using the Tattered Leaves die and blended with Bundled Sage DI.

Finally, I stamped the "Admit One" from the Tim Holtz Steampunk stamp set onto cream card, blended the edges with Old Paper and Vintage Photo DI and attached it to my flower using a Idea-ology Memo Pin and added a small amount of the Idea-ology Film Ribbon as a finishing touch.
Here's what I used to make my "Record Sleeve Card with a Difference"~

So, I really hope this has inspired you to create new card ideas and I can't wait to read all your comments, I always read and appreciate every single one of them! 
Thank you so much for taking the time to come and visit and take a look at my creation...see you all again very soon!
Emma x


11 comments:

Helen said...

What a great look! I love that blue, it's fabulous.

Jenny Marples said...

Such a clever idea for something different! This could have so many uses. Thanks for sharing, hugs Jenny x

Anonymous said...

That is really gorgeous.

Artyjen said...

Fabulous idea....looks superb ;)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

Abso-lute-ly fab-u-lous! Here's the thing - your original ideas! Not just talented but innovative too - very clever and beautifully made.

SamsHomeCookedDesigns.com said...

What a brilliant idea, I love to see new ways to do cards and have tried a few new ones myself, I wish I had thought of this one. Lovely colours too. Great Project. Sam

Heather-Jane said...

As I've said before every piece of your work is like an amazing slice of art! This is no exception absolutely brilliant!

Words and Pictures said...

Oh, now that's a cool idea... and beautifully executed too. I love the stencilled dots and delicious stamping throughout - and turquoise is clearly where it's at in January 2013!! Gorgeous...
Alison xx

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a fabulous design...brilliant really! So gorgeous thank you!

Janny Jager said...

Fabulous idea and a greta card Loev it.
Greetings Janny

Annie said...

Wow Emma.....I absolutely adore this make. I loved my LP's its so sad we don't have their gorgeous artwork anymore. The background and embelisments/flower are exquisite.

THank You for sharing.....hugs Annie x