Hope you've all had a great weekend and looking forward to the week ahead. Today, I'm sharing the first of my posts for November and as always, I hope you're inspired by what I've created by using corrugated card, recycled from an old cardboard box.
To make this piece, I used a piece of corrugated card, which I tore off the side of a box and cut to size. I tore away some of the paper layer over the card to reveal the corrugations but left a good section of the inner portion which I painted with Black Soot Distress Paint. I then added a layer of PaperArtsy Crackle Glaze and once the glaze was dry, I painted over the top with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint and watch the crackles develop.
To create the tag, I applied Broken China, Brushed Corduroy and Antique Linen Distress Stain onto my craft mat and spritzed it with water before swooshing the tag through the ink, to pick up the colour. I then used a smaller piece of Manila card and picked up any excess ink that was left on my mat. Next, I flicked water droplets onto both pieces of card and blotted the excess with a paper towel before drying with a heat gun. Finally, I applied Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink onto the inked tag, through the Stars Layering Stencil from Tim Holtz.
I used more of the Fresco Finish Snowflake paint and scraped small amounts over the surface of the tag and then stamped with it using the splashes from the Katy Fox Messy Art stamp set. I then inked up the definition stamp from the Encyclopaedia Botanica stamp set and stamped random areas of the tag with black Archival Ink. Finally, I aged and inked the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink.
On the smaller piece of inked card, I stamped the butterfly and beetle from the Encyclopaedia Botanica set, top and bottom and mounted this with foam pads, onto my tag. I then, stamped the 100% Handmade from the Handstamped set, onto another piece of inked card and attached this in the centre of my images.
I used some Distress Stains to dye the white seam binding and threaded this onto my tag, together with some twine. I attached and stapled some Film Strip Ribbon into place and added an Idea-ology Hinge Clip, which I coloured with Distress Paints to give a rusty, tarnished look. I then attached the tag onto the centre of my painted corrugated card and place a Idea-ology Pen Nib below the tag, again covering it with Distress Paint to give it a tarnished appearance.
So, that's it from me for today and I hope you love this piece, as much as I loved making it! Don't forget that we have our Christmas challenge running at the moment and we would love you to join in. For more details, click HERE.
Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week, full of creativity!