Sunday 3 August 2014

Red Passion! A Wooden wall hanging by Dee




Hi everyone! Today for my project I have altered a wooden
 garden border panel,


Firstly I covered the entire piece of wood with gesso, once dry I then painted 
with Fresco Finish paints in the following colours pumpkin soup, 
London bus, blood orange and claret.


Next I coloured a white tag with the following distress inks 
spiced marmalade, fired brick and aged mahogany.


 I  then inked up the Neil Walker Fantasy Background stamp with aged mahogany distress ink
and stamped the entire tag. Next I sprinkled on clear embossing powder,
then gold and heat set.


 I tore the tag up and glued it randomly to the wooden painted tag. I then used 
my cropadile to put three eyelets at the base then using jump rings
 connected the beads to the base. 


I rolled out some Fimo modelling clay in black and used the Neil Walker 
heart stamp to stamp into it then I heat set it, and the calligraphy mat.


I rubbed treasure gold in Spanish topaz over the heart and 
calligraphy embellishment.   


once baked in the oven I then buffed up with treasure gold.


I also used some treasure gold on the painted tag to give it a gleam.


And make it shine!


I then added a brass ring to fix to the wall



That's it from me today! I hope you have enjoyed this project, 
please don't be shy feel free to leave your comments.
happy stamping Dee X

Materials used : Artistic Stampers stamps:-  calligraphy mat 18,  Neil Walker stamps Heart and Fantasy1 background
Distress inks:- fired brick, mahogany, and spiced marmalade 
 Gesso, eyelets.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful mixed media piece. I love those colors.

Rupa Swaminathan said...

Nice colors and a beautiful piece.

Astrid Maclean said...

Absolutely stunning!! That clay heart looks sensational and I love how you added those torn tag pieces, so creative, love this hanger!!

Sid said...

Great piece with loads of fab arty touches !!

Corrie Herriman said...

Beautiful !
Corrie x

Anneke said...

Wonderful piece of ART. It looks amazing. Thanks for your inspiration Anneke.
www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

Ellen said...

What a great project! Thanks for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic mixed media art Dee! xxx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Gorgeous creation Dee!! love the texture

Jools Robertson said...

Love this! Colour is gorgeous and the heart is stunning

Jools x