Friday 8 August 2014

Silver Automobile Card by Alison Hall

Hello Stampers! I've been playing with Debbie Cotton's fabulous new stamps and metal foil, and I have a shiny card to share with you today.


Here's what I used...

Debbie Cotton Stamp - Linington's Automotive Sales
Bubble Wrap
Black Card
6x6ins white card
Tools for metal

Here's how I made my card...

1. I created a Gelli print background, using blue paints & bubble wrap, then cut a piece 5.5x5.5ins square. I used jet black Stazon ink to stamp the Europe Map background in the four corners. I didn't use a stamp block, as I wasn't worried about getting the whole print.
2. I inked the edges of my background, using blending foam & walnut stain distress ink, then matted onto black card, & attached it to a 6x6ins card blank.


3. I stuck a sheet of sticky back aluminium sheet to black card, then used jet black stazon to stamp the words & car from the Linington's Automotive Sales stamp set. I cut around the words & car, then used metal tools to outline & add detail.
4. I finished my card by gluing the metal car & words to the background, using glossy accents.

I hope that my card has inspired you.

Alison xxx



12 comments:

massofhair said...

Metal is definitely back on trend, stunning card gorgeous finish. Inspired to get playing with metal again:-) xxx

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

I love this card, Alison... and its silver color!! Background with Geliplate is amazing

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi Alison, lovely card love the way you have done the background and then the metal work brilliant. Dee x

Sid said...

Loving the fab metallic look of this card !!

Juliz Design Post said...

So cool,
Julie x

Anonymous said...

This is awesome!!! Love the car. Fabulous!!! ~Sophia

Laura said...

Great card. Fabulous and effective.

~*~Patty S said...

WOW Alison...this is a fabulous creation down to the last detail!
Thank you for sharing...you make me want to play with aluminum again.
oxo

Anonymous said...

Inspirational card from you Alison.
Wishes
Lynne

hazel said...

Brilliant Alison, I love the metal car.
xxx Hazel.

MAPY said...

Hello, absolument superbe, on a l'impression que la voiture flotte, très beau travail de fond, magnifique travail du métal.
MAPY

Words and Pictures said...

Such a fantastic use of those new stamps - the car looks amazing!
Alison xx