Hi Everyone! Have you joined in with Kate Crane's Art Journal Calendar Challenge? I decided to take part this year, & I thought I'd share my September journal page with you.
Here's what I used...
Watercolour Paper (27 x 35 cm)
Water Spray Bottle
Dylusion Ink Sprays - Fresh Lime, Cut Grass, Postbox Red, Squeezed Orange
Archival Ink - Venetian Orange, Potting Soil
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Alteration Die - Tattered Leaves
And here's what I did...
1. To start, I sprayed water all over my paper. Then I used the inner plastic tube of the Dylusion Inks to flick my chosen colours all over. I love this! It looks like a Dr Who intro! Lol!
2. Next, I laid another piece of watercolour paper over the top, to take up some of the ink. Here are my two pieces.
3. I chose to use the bottom one, dried it with my heat gun, then spritzed some more colour on it, & flicked more of the inks, until it looked like this.
4. I then used the Venetian Orange Archival ink to stamp the botanical encyclopaedia background on some manila card. I die-cut 30 leaves for each day of the month, then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
5. I used Potting Soil Archival ink to stamp a few leaves onto my background, then stamped the Autumn phrase in the bottom right corner. On a spare piece of stamped manila card, I stamped September 2014, cut it out, inked with Vintage Photo, then glued to the top left of my page.
6. I glued all of the leaves in place, then used Potting Soil Archival to stamp the numbers.
7. I finished off by inking the edges of my page with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
Here's another look at my finished page, all ready to start my daily journaling :)
My page fits in nicely with this month's Artistic Stamper Challenge, which is 'Autumn Colours'. Don't forget to join in if you haven't already. There's a prize up for grabs for one lucky entrant!
Thanks for visiting,