Monday 17 November 2014

Don't paint things

Hi)

It's me, Maria Potapovich, here for you today.
Today I am not alone - I came with little card).

It's made for the artist.
You know, it's hard to come up with a wish for the artist - everything seems small and insignificant in comparison with the art.

So I've made a card on which are written Henri Matisse's words (slightly modified)  - "I do not paint things. I only paint the difference between things".

As it turns out, it's easy enough to illustrate these words - I only need one stamp from the Botanical Plate 2 (A5) set

Here it is:


I only put three times the stamp (leaf), carved them, painted the different watercolors on both sides and attaching them with the help of 3D-foam squares.


I think card turned minimalistic and creative.

What do you think?

5 comments:

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Beautiful card Mel. Dee x

Cocofolies said...

That's a very beautiful card!! Love the quote too, perfect here! Coco x

craftytrog said...

Great quote Maria, and I love the leaves
Alison xxx

Words and Pictures said...

So clever, and a great illustration of the quote!
Alison xx

Mell Pell Mell said...

thank you, my friends)))
I'm happy you liked it)))))
<3