Monday 3 November 2014

Phineas Pinchbeck

I loved the Phineas Pinchbeck stamp from the moment I saw it. For this
 project I used the following Artistic stamper stamps, Numerical plate, 
glory and Ephemera 1. Tim Holtz cargo stencil  & 
 photo and scattered straw.  


Firstly I painted grey board with fresco finish paints in stone, nougat,
and mushroom, through a honeycone stencil I put squid ink
paint that I then knocked back with nougat. 


I stamped the two sets of numbers off the Numerical 
plate in chocolate pudding.


The two stamps of the postal plate were stamped in claret
 and baltic blue. The ruler of the Ephemera plate was 
stamped in archival ink. 


Grunge paste was put through the cargo stencil numerical 
once dry this was coloured with 
geletoes and treasure gold. 


Gauze was coloured with claret fresco finish paint then darkened 
with black soot distress ink.


Card coloured with distress inks was stamped with the Phineas
 stamp and the crown from crowning glory which I 
then highlighted with liquid pearls.


The clock face x 2 from Phineas stamp was covered in crackle 
accents. this was layered up with the clock faces of the 
time and keys plate. I used a cog die that I had in
my stash.


The sign at the bottom was hand written with white gel pen on 
black card and then backed onto kraft card.


I then backed it onto burlap and black card and finished off with 
 four gold brads on all corners. Thank you for stopping by 
please feel free to leave your comments as your
comments help to inspire me.
Cheers Dee


10 comments:

massofhair said...

Super Tag Dee,, as always amazing layers & the vintage palette is fab. Can see why you like the Phineus stamp:-) xxx

Sid said...

That's a great work of art !! Love the layers !

sally said...

Wow, lots going on here...I shall have to keep coming back to absorb all it's splendour :-)

Sally

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Love this artsy hanging!

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

Love your tag ! I love this PB just like you do !!

Deborah Wainwright said...

This Tag is lovely x

Notations of a Crafter said...

This is beautiful love it. I really need to give this a try ;-) x

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Its beautiful, Dee

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous, love your crowned Phineas! The background is super, using some of my all time favourite AS stamps, and I love how you stamped some of them in paint. Altogether a fantastic tag!

Words and Pictures said...

So cool - love all the textural detailing in the background, and Phineas looks fabulous!
Alison xx