Sunday 23 November 2014

Wooden Post Christmas Wall Hanging


Hi everyone hope you are all well! I have a wooden wall hanging that 
I have made out of a wooden garden boarder post.

Sweet poppy snowflake stencil,
Wooden garden boarder post from any garden centre,
treasure gold. crackle paste,
Clear micro beads, white acrylic paint. Black pepper corns
Rag for knocking back, black fimo clay, white Gesso



I started by prepping the wooden post with white Gesso.


I used crackle paste through the snowflake stencil onto card.


Once dried I then tore up the paper and glued it onto the 
post at the top and bottom.


Next I painted the entire tag with white acrylic paint.


When the paint was dry I applied crackle paste to the top and down the 
right hand side of the post, I then placed the small glass beads
 into the wet paste.


I left the crackle paste to dry overnight. I rolled out the 
Fimo clay and spritzes the two stamps with water
 before placing into the rolled out clay.


Once I had cut out the clay I then baked it in the oven.


Now comes the best bit I gently paint around the snow flakes and the crackle paste 
with the Deco Art Cobalt blue and a touch of the quinacridone gold.
 Once this is dry I painted the crackle paste with carbon black 
then drying with my heat gun.  


Now I take my rag and dampen one end with water and start to work over the post till I am happy with the result. Out comes the treasure gold or your preferred product  to 
just highlight the areas that you want to.


I glued on the pepper corns to the centre of the snowflakes and attached 
a large brass ring from my stash, glued on the Fimo clay baubles 
that had been highlighted with treasure gold.

 I keep meaning to not have such longwinded posts and abbreviate them
 I will have to make it my new years resolution.

I hope you enjoyed my project and and hope that it inspires you to look at every day pieces 
and think how you can alter them. 
Please feel free to comment as your feed back helps to inspire me.
Cheers Dee x






8 comments:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Super gorgeous piece, Dee

AngelicaS said...

WOW!! Love at first sight :) Love the texture, the colors...love everything about it Really a gorgeous christmas project!!

Notations of a Crafter said...

Stunning, what an absolutely gorgeous wall hanging

Words and Pictures said...

Amazing dimensional artwork as ever, Dee - fabulous!
Alison xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Dee, love how you did all the decorative elements and amazing colours too, stunning Christmas project!

Jackie PN said...

This is a stunner! I love all of the steps you used Dee! Thank you for sharing!

massofhair said...

How many peppercorns will you take for your most amazing, adorable and jaw dropping wooden post hanger???

WOW Dee this is just wonderful, so much to love and sit and stroke lol. One of your best makes so far this year imho.

:-) xxx

Cocofolies said...

This is very striking anc a fabulous piece wow!!! Coco x