Tuesday 13 January 2015

Explore - Art Journal cover

Hello Everyone,
Happy New Year to you All!! This is my first post of 2015 at Artistic Stamper.
Today I would like to share project with you which is 'New Beginning' which is also a theme of our challenge this month. New beginning of my 'face journal', yes, I took up a challenge for myself  and which I rarely do, and I am totally fascinated about right now,  is to create one mixed media face journal page  every week this year!! :)
and here is Journal cover I made with Artistic stamper stamps.


Let's see how I made this ....


I've used Faber Castell Design Memory Craft Mini Journal board as a base. I applied Gesso as a primer.. When It dried, I applied distress paints (Broken china, Forest Moss, Vintage photo, Brushed corduroy, Tea dye), spritzed water and let them move and this created my base color.


Next I stamped Artistic stamper's Song Bird stamp on tissue paper with ranger jet black Archival ink and adhered that piece on my base. To create dimensional texture on this panel I used stencils and modelling paste.



Here you will see I adhered some of the elements like pearls, wood veneer birds, diecut dragonflies, vintage butterfly washi tape.


and I wanted to add more color but translucent one, so I used Distress stains (Broken China, Evergreen Bough, Wild Honey, peeled paint and Walnut stain)


Another layer of stamping with Artistic Stamper stamps- Calligraphy mats - 4 and small circles from Boarder stamp set 2 I love the texture it gives!!

For final finishing touches, I applied bit of Viva Decor Inka Gold on raised surfaces.
I also used vintage photo and tea dye distress inks to apply on all edges of this piece.


The journaling  word is 'explore'

Let me know if you liked my tutorial and project, it makes my day!!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Don't forget to participate in our monthly challenge to win some fabulous Artistic Stamper stamps.
 
 
Products used:
From my stash - Design Memory craft Journal board, Crafters workshop stencils, Washi tape, Modelling paste

9 comments:

massofhair said...

Your Art Journal cover is beautiful Shilpa, so full of great colours and textures. Love both the stencils you used, the one with all the shapes is my go to stencil:-) xxx

Sid said...

Fab textures and depth on your fab page !

Notations of a Crafter said...

Beautiful, Shilpa, love the colours you have used

Unknown said...

Really love this - very inspiring, thank you Shilpa x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

A very beautiful canvas Shilpa, really love the colours and the build up of texture. Dee x

Jasleen Kaur said...

Fantastic tutorial, Shilpa. You really have a gift of playing with colours and textures. Thanks for explaining it so well. :)

Words and Pictures said...

That's so cool, Shilpa - I love all the layers of texture, and the face is beautiful taking centre stage. Can't wait to see your face pages as the year progresses!
Alison xx

Ellen said...

What a wonderful cover! All those layers and colours, I love it! Thanks for the inspiration.

craftytrog said...

Fantastic textures and colours Shilpa! xx