Friday 16 October 2015

Autumn/ HalloweenHouse Tag by Gemma

HI All

I have been inspired by all the great Autumn/ Halloween art and decorations I keep seeing everywhere, and some of those things have inspired me to make this tag.


 I smeared my some of my darker Distress Inks, Weathered Wood, Hickory Smoke and Black Soot, after spraying it with some water I dragged a Large Manilla Tag through the ink, drying it in-between layers until I was happy with the coverage. Once dry I stamped over the top using a Calligraphy Mat ( I think it was number 4) and white paint.


I then cut out a tree from brown card stock and some grass from a small strip of green paper. I edged the tree with Black Soot. Then out came the box (that I am sure we all have) that contains all the mop up papers and extra pulls from the Gelli plate. From some of these I created the house. On the house I stamped with square wire to represent bricks, and lace on the roof.


After all that was glued on, windows included. I die cut some leaves from more scraps and cut a tag from a small scrap run through a brick embossing folder. I then edged the tag with distress ink, and stamped boo with the Decay alphabet. I stamped the leaves with a Grid stamp, for added interest and glued them into place.



 All comments, and challenge entries are really appreciated, so please join in.
Thank you for reading
Gemma (inkykitty)




1 comment:

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

Beautiful scene and lovely tag, Gemma