I love making tags and also use them to mop up extra ink and paint, as a result I have lots of tags laying around getting lost or (and I say this very quietly) put in the bin. So my make for this post is a box I constructed from bits of 12x12 chip board sheets left over from other projects. Once the base box was constructed I painted it all with black acrylic.
I put the box aside to dry and cut panels from white card to fit the sides of the box, which I decorated with Dylusions paints. I scrapped fresh lime over all the card pieces, as a base. Then applying the paint to the stamp with a piece of foam, I stamped the Lace stamp in vibrant turquoise, and the Honeycomb stamp (which is a new stamp, and awesome by the way) in squeezed orange, rolling the stamps so it only stamped in places.
To decorate the box I stamped out a few of the Bees ( this stamp comes with the honeycomb background stamp) using black archival ink. I then rubbed a small amount of yellow paint over the top and coloured them in using Pitt pens before cutting them out.
I then grouped together some different flowers, some were paper flowers from my stash, which I sprayed with a blue pigment mixture, Squeezed orange dylusions spray and and tarnished brass distress spray. Others were made from wax, brown and book paper which were stamp on using distress inks, the Grid Background and Calligraphy Mat 2.
As I was trying to use all all my chip board scrap I made some dividers for inside the box, decorating them in the same way I decorate the box, just swapping the fresh lime and vibrant turquoise paints around.
Once I had all my flowers, Bees and some extra embellishments from my stash together, I arranged them on the top and front of the box glueing them in place with my glue gun.
Thank you for reading