Saturday 26 March 2016

Two Mini Canvas by Shilpa

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,

Today, I've two mini mixed media canvas to share with you. For that I've used Neil Walker designed lovely bird stamps.


I've worked on 4" square canvas. I couldn't take photos while making this... 
here are the steps I followed for both.

1. Adhere text and music paper with gel medium on the canvas.
2. Apply thin coat of white gesso with palette knife.
3. Apply one color of acrylic paint, spread it with fingers. Dry it
4.Stamp with different types of texture and text  stamps and archival inks.
5.Apply second color of acrylic paint spread it. Dry this layer.
6. Again stamp with different texture stamps (Artistic stamper has fabulous collection of texture stamps..check them here )
7. On another watercolor paper stamp the birds, color them with watercolors, fussy cut them.
8. On canvas, stamp the birds again with black archival ink and attach the fussy cut birds on it.
9.Lastly apply embossing paste through stencil  randomly on the canvas.

Hope you followed my mixed media procedure for this canvas, if you have any questions, pls let me know 

here are individual canvas photos





Products from Artistic stamper:

7 comments:

Craft drama said...

Wow ....awesome totally love those canvas...

SD pooja said...

So Beautiful !

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant! I love the textured background for your brightly plumed birds! Chrisx

TangledBlueRose said...

Love the stamps and amazing backgrounds! So gorgeous and really inspiring!~kim

sarascloset said...

Beautiful textures and colors! Great tutorial, Shilpa

Sid said...

Loving your mini canvasses Shilpa !

Cocofolies said...

I love both, they are so lovely Shilpa!!! :D xx