Thursday 16 November 2017

Pocket sketch book by Gemma

 We are a couple of weeks into this months challenge there has been some lovely entries so far and there is still plenty of time to join in both on the blog and the facebook page. 

For my post today I have created a little pocket sketchbook using mixed media paper just in case I don't want to stick to sketching alone.


The quote is one I love and use often, and even though my mind has totally blanked while I write this I want to say it was said by Picasso (please correct me if I am wrong) 


 After cutting some cereal box to the size I wanted, I wrapped it in brown paper and cut down some mixed media card for the pages. On a smaller piece of paper, I stamped the fantasy background stamp designed by Neil Walker. Once the ink had dried added distress ink and doodled over the top with a white pen.


After glueing the image to my cover I just needed to punch holes in the top of all the pages so I could put them together with a couple of rings. I chose to attach everything together this way instead of binding everything permanently so I can add more pages when I need to.


Thank you for reading
Gemma

1 comment:

Katie said...

Stunning journal