Sunday 10 December 2017

Star of Wonder by Lisa

Hello folks, Lisa here and welcome to my post for The Artistic Stamper. 
I've been with the team now for a couple of weeks and I'm loving playing with the amazing stamps. The only problem I'm having is choosing which ones are my favourites!!!

The theme is, of course, Christmas. And it has been snowing in the North West today so beginning to feel very festive.

Here is my creation...




I used the new Artifacts stamps, Shooting Stars and Star of Wonder And a colour theme of kraft card and white. 

I wanted to make a tile and imprint the image of the stamp. I first gathered a collection of embossing enamel and embossing powders in white, green, clear, gold and some with lots of sparkles. It is Christmas after all....




I cut a piece of greyboard in to a square shape just bigger than the Star of Wonder stamp. I put some clear embossing ink on the greyboard and covered it with white sparkle embossing powder. Then heated it to melt it. While the powder was molten, I added more powder, and continued to do this with a selection of colours to build up the greyboard tile. 

When I was happy with the thickness of the tile, I put the Star of Wonder stamp on to an acrylic block and added some clear embossing ink. I melted the top of the tile then gently pressed the stamp in to the embossing powder.

I left the stamp on the tile for a good 30 seconds then when it had cooled slightly, peeled off the stamp. 




I then cut a piece of kraft card and stamped the Shooting Stars stamp with black ink. I stamped it on the left side and right side of the card. I then adhered the embossed tile in the centre of the card. 



I added the kraft card to mats and layers of white and kraft card. 

To finish I distressed around the edges of the card to add some texture.






Thanks for popping by the blog today. Leave a comment if you wish, 
either here or pop over to my blog.
I love to hear what you think.
Toodles for now,
Lisa xxx 



Here are the stamps I used, which are available from The Artistic Stamper website


Artifacts - Shooting Stars   Artifacts - Star of Wonder

1 comment:

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Fabulous card Lisa, love your little tile. X