Tuesday 29 May 2018

Mini Notebook by Gemma Hynes

I have a sweet little 4x4 notebook to share with you all today, There is something I really enjoy about the process of making books of any kind. The mix between the precise measurements of the book construction and the messy relaxed decoration that comes after. 



 Steps


I brushed layers of Haystack and Granny Smith PaperArtsy paints over 4x4 bits of board that are the covers of my book. When layering I made sure the paints were still wet so the colors would blend easily together.


Over the top, I stamped a calligraphy mat with caramel paint, When I stamp I try to roll the stamp from one side to the other so I get an incomplete print. 


Over that, I stamped the honeycomb background stamp with Slate paint, still rolling not pressing the whole stamp down for an incomplete print. 


I painted a little chipboard bird from my stash blue and stamped the word Hugs from the greeting stamps set in black Archival Ink. 


I also painted two little hearts from my stash in red before stamping over the top with the Chicken Wire background stamp.  When everything was dry I wrapped some string around the covers and glued the hearts into place. 


I then painted some white duct tape blue and used that to bind the covers together before gluing the bird to the front cover. To finish the book off I added some elastic for a closure and attached the pages to the inside.

xx Gemma xx


No comments: