Thursday 16 August 2018

Butterfly Journal Page by Gemma Hynes

I have a journal page to share with you all today using some of Jennie's great circle stamps.



STEPS


I started by applying Gesso to my glass mat and pressing some scraps of Hessian into it for texture. I then placed a page from my 7 Gypsies mix and match book over the Gesso rubbing over the back of the page to transfer the Gesson to the page.


I then build up the background using PaperArsty paints and circle stamps. I varied the sizes of the circles and kept the colours cool in tone. 


On a sheet of card, I stamped out a few butterflies in black Archival ink. I painted them with High Impact paints which I spritzed with water so the colours would blend easier. 


I then cut the butterflies out and glued them to the page with mat gel, before finishing the page of with some text.

xx Gemma xx

Products from The Artistic Stamper

Neil Walker Butterfly
Large Sequins
Decay Journaling Stamps 1
Swirls, Splats, and Dots


1 comment:

World of Animals, Inc said...

I love how intricate the design of these butterflies. I also love the colors that are used in the background of the card. Thanks for the share, hope you had a fantastic weekend. Keep up the posts.

World of Animals