Thursday 13 September 2018

"Shine brightly" by Angie Coomber


Hello everyone! It's been very hot in the South-East of England this summer and my cabin is a lovely cool, shady place, so I have been spending a lot of my spare time hiding in there messing about with paints. I've been trying out new techniques and I'm into these flower pages at the moment.


I started by scribbling random colours (in this case Distress Crayons) on a journal page and then blending them with a water brush.


I added scraps of book pages and some stickers that I made a while ago.


Next I drew a simple flower with a black Stabilo pencil.


I coloured the petals and leaves with Distress Crayons, then went over with the water brush. You automatically get some lovely shading from the Stabilo this way.


I painted some black and white patches with my fingers, using acrylic paints.


Next I used some background stamps, both on the actual background as well as the petals.


Lastly I added some gold paint splatter, white doodling and a quote sticker.
I really hope you like it!


Until next time!
Angie x

No comments: