Tuesday 28 May 2019

Gone Fishin' by Siobhan


So this week I've had great fun playing with Jennie's new stamp collection. I decided on a fishy tag and then layered it up with a clear tag to add some dimension.

I started off colouring a tag using three distress inks (blueprint sketch, salty ocean, peacock feathers) with the brush blenders, I then sprayed a mica spray to add some glitter and some splatters,  then stamped in black archival using the sea background stamp.
On the clear tag I traced using a dotting action the lines of the waves stamp to create the effect of waves splashing with a white pen.

For the fish, I stamped using the new Fish stamp by Tits Belsoeur in archival on some scrap paper I had lying around (tbh I have a huge pile of scrap paper lying around), the paper I used was yupo with alcohol inks on, which helped to add variation to the fish colours. I then trimmed them out and positioned some on the paper and some on the clear tag, once stuck down I doodled with a white pen and some neon sakura gelly rolls. To finish off I tried colouring the string with my mica spray, wasn't the most effective but hey ho.

Photographing was tricky with the acetate, so here are a couple of my other attempts.






1 comment:

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

I am so happy you played with my designs ;)
Thank you !