Wednesday 21 August 2019

Happy Birthday to me

Well guys...it is my birthday tomorrow...not that I want any more, but it is better than the alternative!!..lol. so I am gonna have a lovely day, quaffing champagne, being taken out wined and dined in my favourite restaurant, doesn't get any better than that for me.
So I suppose my looming birthday inspired me to actually make a birthday card!!. Boy oh boy, this card must have been the most frustrating card I have ever made, no matter what I did, what I threw on it, the inks just kept sinking into the card...grrrrrrr, could I heck make it more vibrant. I gessoed the back hoping that it would make the inks stay on the surface...nooooo....I must have wasted more ink, but I kept on, even sprayed it with my hairspray to keep the inks on the surface, and finally after all my efforts I was rewarded with this grungy loveliness, ooohh I do love to just throw ink and paint about and see what I get.
Anyway, thought for today, don't give up, it will be ok in the end (and I am not just on about my card), and a Happy Birthday to me for tomorrow.


List of supplies used:
Small dots stencil
Harlequin stencil
Greetings@katy fox






4 comments:

ellyscard creatief said...

Happy Birthday to you tomorro. The card is just gorgeous.

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Awww thank you so much elly. X

Crafting Queen said...

Very happy birthday for tomorrow. Great card.

sarascloset said...

Happy Birthday! Your card is beautiful!